Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Wind

Well, Monday kind of sucked.

You can’t spend time trying to figure out why things like that happen. You can not apply reason to such acts because by their very nature they are unreasonable. All we can do is pray for the dead, their families and the survivors. We could also say a prayer that hand guns might not be as easy to come by.

Here It was also very windy.

I came home at lunch to check up on the crock pot to make sure it was crocking but not also burning the house down. I’ve never crocked, I didn’t know. Just to be safe though, after I plugged it in, I put it in the oven. Happily, the crock pot was happily crocking away, I could smell it when I walked in, so that eased my mind a lot. I was afraid I was going to walk in the door to the smell of scorched food or no smell at all because there was a switch somewhere I had over looked and I had really never turned it on in the first place . I was also pleased that The Kitty had not managed to open the oven door the rest of the way, pull out the pot and dump it all over the floor. It is not beyond him.

I also wanted to go home to put Dogger out. It had been windy when I took her out first thing in the morning . When I came home it was still windy and she still didn’t want to go outside:

Me - Hey! Lets go outside!

Dogger - (looking up from her sudoko game) Oh, um, really? I’m good. You have other things to take care of. Carry on.

Me - No, I don’t. You need to go outside.

Dogger - I don’t need to. Do you need to? You should go if you have to. Holding it in can give you bladder infections or kidney problems or something. I’m fine.

Me - If you hold it in it can lead to stains on my carpet and a house that smells like dog pee.

Dogger - Right now, I smell cooking, Is that something in the kitchen? Shouldn’t you go be with it?

Me - (Jangling the leash) Lets go outside.

Dogger - The leash! Oh my leash how it jingle, jangle, jingles! The music of the leash! Where are we going? Are we going there in the car! Oh Joy! Oh Rapture! Where are we going in the car!?

Me - I’m going in the car back to work. You and I are going to wander around the yard until you relieve yourself.


Dogger - I didn’t want you to know this. ... I’m... I’m... I am a camel! I’m not a dog after all! I’ve been deceiving you for years! I can hold it for days! I am so sorry I lied to you about who and what I am! I’ll go to my box now while you process this.

Me - You are not a camel.

Dogger - I am a dwarf camel I am so sorry! I made you think I was a dog! For my punishment I will stay in my room until I have learned my lesson!

Me - Do you even know what a camel is?

Dogger - My camel brothers and sisters are at one with the fluid in our bodies. We are a mysterious race.

Me - How often do I fill your water dish?

Dogger - Every thirteen minutes.

Me - Do you know how often they fill the camels water dishes at the zoo?

Dogger - I am sure they are much larger. I don’t see how a comparison would be useful.

Me - About every two weeks.

Dogger - Fine. It’s windy!, you know I hate the wind. I know it, you know it. The wind is evil . I’ll die! The wind hates me! It is the very breath of Satan! Listen to how it howls! It is a hateful wind that blows no good! Can’t you hear it? Whush Wush Death To Dogger! Whush Wush! Hate!Hate!Death To DoggerWhushWhush!!

Me - You know what? I have to go back to work now. Don’t stain my carpet.

Dogger - I love you.

No comments: