Thursday, May 17, 2007

Good Morning Sunshine!

So how was your morning? If it was twenty after six and you were not on your hands and knees cleaning up dog urp, I don’t wanna hear about it.

It was a normal morning. I got up, took Dogger out, didn’t find the paper, fed Dogger, put Dogger out, still didn’t find the paper, pilled The Kitty, called about the paper, found the paper, read the paper, got ready to leave and then urp

Blech. Can I tell you blech. I was walking out the door and I had to turn around and channel Hazel. I didn’t even think Hazel would have been excited about digging out the vacuum cleaner, finding the carpet shampoo and then cleaning everything up, especially if she had been half way out the door when it happened. Was Hazel a live in or did she have her own place? Am I the only person under the age of sixty who knows who Hazel was? And Dennis Miller think’s he’s hard core! Has he ever referenced a short lived fifties sitcom - and did everyone have live in maids on those shows? I mean not just a lady who came in a couple hours a week, but a woman who lived in the house all the time and wore a uniform to boot? The Cleavers didn’t have a maid, does that mean they were poor? I hustled Dogger into the yard and dealt with the blech, . Question. Why is it that I can clean up dog bombs with out a second thought but blech makes me queasy? And why can Dogger always pick the light colored carpet to urp on? All she had to do was turn her head three degrees and she could have urped up on the dark green carpet, the dark green that you could change the oil of a car on and it wouldn’t stain - No she had to go for the light colored carpet. She always knows. While Dogger was outside I caught a glimpse of her grazing.

Someday when I am rich, I am going to fund some guy somewhere in some lab to develop a stain free dog food and if a stain free dog food is not feasible, a dog food that is light colored. In the future we should be able to buy dog food that co-ordinates with our furnishings and then maybe, they could also sell additives so you could make custom colors. It sounds gross but there are a whole lot of people out there that would buy it in a heat beat.

Anyway. I tore Dogger away from her grazing and deposited her in the bathroom. She was not impressed. I left her with water, a toy and a nice bed. It wasn’t her bed and she knew it. While I was setting up the toddler gate in the bathroom door she looked at me like I was the meanest dog mommy ever.

Sigh. I felt like the meanest dog mommy ever.

I came home for lunch and since there had been no fresh urpage, she could go back to her room. She went right for her bed. Later, I came home after work and gave her about half her normal dinner. I took her to the park but her little heart just wasn’t in it. I think her little doggy stomach hurts.

On to the other animal.

How do they know to smash only the things you actually care about? It was my fault. If I had really cared about it, I would have taken it out of the way - I was going to. I just didn’t. It had been sitting there for, days? I guess and only now he decides it has to go? Sigh. I’ve left countless water glasses around and those he gingerly tip toed around like a ballerina. Gah.

Onto a different thing.

I have been Netflixing the first season of Fame. Shut up. I liked it when it was on TV. Anyway. With the success of High School Musical, why haven’t they released the rest of it? It’s all about a musical high school, it sounds like a natural to me. It’s squeaky clean and about singing, dancing, mildly angst-y high school “kids”. It’s about marketing synergy. Do I have to come up with everything?

I remember when the world at large gave Beverly Hills 90120 grief because the “kids” were all old - well, the “kids” from Fame were really elderly, they made the BH actors look like, well, kids. I mean, if any of the Fame actors were under 25 the first season - Okay “Doris” could have passed for early 20s, but “Bruno” was 40. Pul-lease.

No comments: