Friday, June 29, 2007

The New Place

Well. One whole week in the new building. We love it; we love our 21 century bathrooms and the fact that we now have separate bathrooms for the genders. I wasn’t bothered, but some of the older folks were put out by seeing a man coming out of a bathroom marked “ladies”. Well, they can be at ease, because unless something changes, the lone man on our floor will have his own private bathroom. We also love the mold-free carpeting and the new building smell. What we don’t like is the echo from the high ceilings and the constant sound. We were used to a false ceiling made of acoustic tile and its sound damping qualities. The new building has nine foot ceilings and we there is nothing on the concrete walls to mute the sound, with no doors it can be very loud. It’s kind of like Babble around her at times.

We need doors. I have noticed though that those who complain about the noise the most while they are on a call are the same ones that will stand around in the hall and make noise when they aren’t. It’s only a problem when it affects them.

Since I now I have my very own office I dove right into decorating it, all 80 square feet of it. I have lovely curtains that blend well with my yellow-y walls and mustard trim and a matching (very small) rug. The mustard trim is fine now, in its brand new shiny state, but I’m afraid it’s not going to age well. I’m also wishing I had seen in the future so I could have known I was going to be living in a burgundy and gold world when I picked out blue for my chair color, it’s going to clash. My current chair matches beautifully.

I also brought back all my personal stuff I cleared out of my old space weeks if not at least a couple of months ago. It’s been so long since I’ve seen most of it that it’s all new again. A new acquisition is a bea-ti-ful 16x20 port trait of Daisy that I have because I entered the Year Of The Dog contest, I still haven’t heard back from them about where to send my other stuff, but maybe they are just slow. I guess I could email the guy back but I’m afraid I would appear grasping and that’s not nice.

I went to Doggers Dogster page just to check up on it and apparently she gets more visitors than I thought, she had 318 virtual dog bones (but when I looked again, she was done to zero! I should have hit print screen so I could have proof!) And her page has been viewed 5031 times. She never has bones, she’s sad and unloved. Come in 10th in a contest and suddenly, everybody loves you. I need to change out the pictures there though, there are a couple of them that just suck, and they so do not represent Doggers' doggy beauty. I removed the offending images, what was I thinking?, I mean, ew. I should put the one that won, but it seems so, blah when I have others, but maybe I should. Okay, I did. I mean, it’s a nice picture and how long do I really need the St. Patrick’s Day one anyway? I didn’t like it anyway.

So, now there are three new shots on her page, the first major overhaul I’ve done in a long time. In the process, I found a new toy Picture Resizer , you load your enormous file and it asks you how much smaller you would like it, presto chango, it is shrunk down to a manageable size. I used to have a photo program that would do this for me, but that was two computers ago and I haven’t been able to find a similar product. I mean, you can’t say, this is an 11x14 file and I want it to be a 5x7 – it just says do you want this “75% smaller, 50% smaller, 25% smaller”. But, it makes huge images easier to upload.

No comments: