Wednesday, July 11, 2007

La, La, La


Wow how did I go from being so far ahead to being so far behind?

Things to do, stuff to pack, lists to make, lists to lose, stuff to remember, stuff to forget.

I went by Wallyworld to check on Doggers collar. They have an embroidery shop there and I decided to give them a chance in the Sew The Rick-Rack On The Dog Collar Sweepstakes. Those who win, get to be the Official Sew The Rick-Rack On The Dog Collar venders, this is could be a profitable gig for them as Dogger spends a lot of time at the dog park and the dog park is hard on collars. Especially pink collars with rick-rack sewn on them.

I went by the store to 1) See if the collar was ready and 2) reinforce the idea that the collar has to be done by Friday . I don’t see why it’s going to take seven days to sew 10 inches of rick-rack onto a 23 inch collar. She reinforced the idea it will be ready by Friday. But not Tuesday, or Wednesday or Thursday.

She doesn’t understand that I have about four different lists going and getting that collar back before I leave is in the top five on all of them with “remember to tell neighbors that I am going out of town” and remember to give neighbors check for lawn guy”, “remember to stop paper”. It was the top item on a list I accidentally put through the wash and number two on a list I accidentally threw away when I was cleaning out my purse.

How many of ya’ll are going to see Harry Potter on Friday? I really, really want to but I don’t think I’m going to be able to juggle that and leaving out of here Saturday morning.

I’m going to be gone, by the way, for a couple of weeks. I’m going to update as often as I can but new content will be spotty. I will however be blogging the two day stuck-in-a-pick-up-with-my-parents-the-dog-and-two-cats-looza. I may blog each cow sighting and the condition of rest station restrooms! Woo-Hoo!!

The next and last Harry Potter comes on the 21st. The good thing about being in a media free zone will be that it will be very hard for me to get spoiled. People do a lot of whining about being spoiled, but if you are smart enough to avoid potential outlets of information, you shouldn’t get too spoiled. I hate it when people go to say, any pop culture oriented site or forum and then bitch and moan because they got spoiled. If you don't want to know, STAY OFFLINE UNTIL YOU FINISH THE BOOK and with the movie opening, don't even try to whine about having the movie "spoiled", if you all read the book four times since it came out, YOU CAN NOT BE SPOILED! You all ready know how it ends! . Do us all a favor and stay offline.

No comments: