Monday, August 20, 2007

More of everything


The fam is in town so I didn’t have quite as much time as I would normally - Hours and hours, let me tell you! All day Saturday and Sunday, slogging away at the grindstone, working on this Monday entry. Ya’ll have no idea.

That’s all bull shit, but I’m racing the clock a little more than normal.

First off, can anyone tell me what makes a ski jacket a snowboarding coat? Because they look like a regular coat. Do they have special pockets to store your weed? Help me out. Am I too old to have a snowboarding coat?

Okay. On Friday Broskey and I attended a Moveon.Org gathering to announce what the cost of the war as been to North Carolina, more specifically, the 13th congressional district. I don’t think I live in the 13th and Broskey doesn’t either, but you know we came, we saw we took the hand outs.

Right after we got to Marquette Moveon.Org did a similar event except they had it printed up as an ad in the local paper. Better plan, I think, going directly to the press instead of having to hope the press comes to you. But I wasn’t in charge, was I? Good thing too.

The cost of the war to NC tax payers alone is $12.34 billion, tax papers in the 13th district have shelled out $981 million.

For our $981 million we could have funded:

- Healthcare for 202, 837 adults or 451,685 children
- 20, 898 more elementary school teachers
- 212, 865 more college scholarships
-9,293 more units of affordable housing
-25, 832 more cops ( my question, in Raleigh alone or state wide? Is this nation wide?)
-14, 311 port container inspectors for North Carolina

Okay. Costs by congressional districts:

1st - $679 million
2nd - $872 million
3rd - $96 million
4th - $1.29 billion
5th - $950 million
6th - $1.04 billion
7th - $813 million
8th - $917 million
9th - $1.32 billion
10th - $900 million
11th - $830 million
12th - $855 million
13th - $981 million

I checked and I live in the 2nd congressional district, I want my damn money back.

No comments: