Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Picture it

I was talking to one of my co-workers the other day and we were talking dogs and she said jokingly “Not a cat lover, huh?” she didn’t know I had a cat! I was horrified. She assumed that Dogger was my only pet! She had this idea because, well, if you didn’t know better,what with the life sized portrait of the dog, you might not even notice one 4x6 picture of my cat, the main message you take from my cell is that I have a dog. I mean, there aren’t a lot of Dogger pictures around, just the life sized portrait, the one of her smiling on the beach, the one of her grinning at the camera and one of The Kitty, looking glum. I think the misunderstanding can be traced to the life sized portrait, it sends message and that message says : Kitty? What kitty?

How did this happen? The Kitty is the most photographed animal on the planet, Wegmans dogs don’t spend as much time posing as The Kitty does. There are super models who have less time in front of camera than The Kitty. I Friday Cat Blog! I mean, I probably have hundreds of pictures of The Kitty - on my hard drive. In real life, no so much. I am falling behind though, I have updated Doggers Dogster page twice in the last month or so and I haven’t touched Kitty’s Catster page in a year. I suck. The Kitty needs to win a contest, tenth runner up at the very least. I need to enter The Kitty in something. Do you think Molly Shannon could be persuaded to make Year of the Dog II - Year of The Cat?

How did I end up in a Dogger shrine? I mean, you hang one life sized portrait and all of a sudden you "hate" cats? I don’t have the desk space to display enough 4x6's of The Kitty to compensate. It would be easier if our walls weren’t made of concrete and it also would have been nice if I had been in town when the guys came with their drills. I managed to get a few things hung before I left, but not what I would have done had I been in town . What I have is hung on 3M hooks. They work really well, but they look like pygmy coat hooks. On the up side my walls don’t have any tacky holes in them, on the down side, I can only hang things that can hang from a coat hook. It's limiting.

That leaves my desk and the window sill.

The sill is a good bet, it’s wide and right now it is home to a collection of Happy Meal penguins, that if pressed, I could argue, are Kitty stand ins, but if you don’t know I even have an over weight black and white house cat, you wouldn’t get it. They just look like penguins and you would assume I really liked Happy Feet - where you would be wrong, the penguins are from the surfing penguin movie not the dancing penguin movie and I saw neither.

The desk is cluttered with the computer and the little shelf thing is kind of all ready kind of taken by other pictures, I would like people dropping by my cell to see that I do have a life outside my pets. I am related to human beings as well. I need to represent the bipeds in my life.

The good news is that magnets can be my friends. I have metal bits here and there and my window sill for some reason is magnetic, so I have options. I’ve seen the future and it is magnetic photo sleeves.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Even comment spam makes me feel validated.