Tuesday, August 28, 2007

That time of the Month...

I took Dogger to the park. I visited with my friends, Dogger visited with her friends, it wasn’t as beastly hot as it has been. A good time was being had by all.

Dogger spends the time running around, running around, running around. She is the definition of “Plays well with others”. The Dog Moms were discussing how many times you would need to walk around the park to walk a mile, one of the Dog Dads said he had heard it was four times. We decided that is something we can do.

Dogger and another dog are in the middle of the field waiting in the line to drink. Other Dog is drinking and Dogger sniffs him. So far, I’m not actually paying much attention. A comment in made about cute it is that the dogs can be running around chasing each other and then they call a doggy time out and they all just stop and wait in line for water or just to catch their breath before they start again. It really is cute.

Anyway. Dogger is obediently standing in line, sniffing the other dogs butt when out of no where she decided that THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!!! I don’t know if she didn’t like what she sniffed or Other Dog got tired of being sniffed but the next thing I knew both dogs were up on their back legs and it was really not cute.

I leaped up and hollered at Dogger to STOP , Dogger ignored me. I got behind her and grabbed her harness to pull her back off and away from Other Dog - and it’s nice to know that I can pick her up bodily if I have to - and then I pulled her hard into the ground - ”Screw you Dogger, I AM THE ONE”. Doing so I ended up with about half the ground cover in the park on my knees. Did I mention it rained really hard over the weekend? Yeah, it as great.

After I made sure that Dogger hadn’t hurt Other Dog, and that Dogger was okay, I dragged Dogger back to the seats. I didn’t leave. I’m trying to butch up about that. It helped endlessly that Other Dog and Dogger are evenly matched sized wise and Other Dog was pretty much on it’s way to kicking Dogger’s ass when we broke up the fight. I would have felt really bad, and probably would have left the park, had Dogger aggressed against a smaller dog.

Other Dog was cool. Other Dogs person was cool. One of the Dog Moms noticed that Dogger had bloody gums. It looked as though she had bitten her mouth or that Other Dog had gotten in a good left hook before they were separated. One of Doggers friends, who will now be known as Remora came up and cleaned her mouth for her.- Dogger has her own cut man.

It helped my state of mind post fight, that right after that two other dogs got into it, so Dogger wasn’t the only one showing her ass. We decided that the dogs were keyed up because of the coming lunar eclipse.

Yeah.

I think for Doggers next collar, instead decorating it with happy flowers, I’m going to have the phrase I AM A BITCH embroidered on it. It’ll still be pink but this time it’ll be pink and edgy, kind of like Dogger.

No comments: