Thursday, October 18, 2007

Dogs and Cats

Have I told ya’ll to see Hot Fuzz yet? If I haven’t, I was gonna, but then I didn’t. I suck. Go and Netflix or rent it at once! It is uproariously funny. It made my the same team that made Shawn of the Dead, which I did not see, but I heard it was funny.

Short little entry this time around, the fam is briefly in town and we are making a pilgrimage to see Tiny E before everyone else goes to NYC and I take over care of Baby Kitty. The Kitty and Dogger don’t know about this yet. It’s going to be a surprise.

Dogger needs a little unpleasantness in her life right now. She’s feeling better, which is good, but to celebrate feeling so well she’s taking to stealing things off table tops and committing grand theft cat food. She’s only be around the cat food, oh, her entire life and she has never had any interest in it. I didn’t move it, it’s not like it was hidden away in some sort of feline fortress of solitude or anything. But now, now Dogger thinks it’s some sort of cool new snack food.

I’ve blocked off the so-Eames-era-it-hurts breakfast banquette form both available sides and still Dogger is snorfing up Kitty’s food. Kitty’s very expensive food. Dogger hasn’t tried to steal the all but free food I feed the ferals, but she’s all over the good stuff. It bothers me because this is a new behavior that she didn’t have before. She’s always snatched paper off table tops, and while I don’t love that, it doesn’t cost me expensive cat food either. I blame her last round of antibiotics. Or in reality, it was probably the pred. When Dogger is on pred she becomes enormously thirsty and despite the fact I left multiple bowls full of water for her, I bet she discovered Kitties dishes when she was prowling for water. She’s off the pred now and she can feel good about not eating the food.

She can also stay off my chair. I put a large pillow Dogger has expressed a dislike for and I had hoped would act in the role doggy kryptonite (it doesn't), a padded cat bed and a mid sized scratching post on it and leave – secure in the knowledge that Dogger won’t get on the chair. Dogger moves what is the most in the way and curls up where she can. Every damn day.

I don’t help things. I have invited her up there with me and in the past she’s been happy to share, now?, now that she has tasted the freedom of the whole chair, she won’t share anymore. It’s all or nothing.

No comments: