Friday, October 19, 2007

Is it time to go home yet?

It’s hot. It’s sooooo hot. I’m wearing a sweater and I’m soooo hot. I took off the sweater and it’s still hot. It’s still sooooo hot. I’m wearing a long sleeve shirt and I’m soooo hot.

I can’t take off my shirt. Our windows do not open. Our A/C is broken and the air smells like the tar they are fixing our roof with. They had years to fix the roof while they were remodeling the building and they wait until it is occupied to pour the tar and foul the air.

It’s soooo humid. It Thank You Baby Jesus! Rained today. For about 10 minutes then it stopped. And now it’s so humid and sunny. On the up side, the exterior of my car is clean and my outside plants are happy – provided it rained a few miles away at my house. It may not have.

Hot. Hot. Hot. Why did I wear pants? Why couldn’t I have worn a skirt? I know it was cooler this morning, but it wasn’t that much cooler. It was warmer than the paper had projected, On Sunday the forecast for the next five days always features rain and daily highs in the low 70s. It never rains (much) and highs in the 70s are a pipe dream. I could have change clothes. I could have said no to the sweater, I could have completely changed my outfit this morning, but I didn’t. I said “The building has been coltish lately, I’ll be glad for the extra layers. It’s not like I’m going to be outside all day or anything. The sweater is thin and cotton, its nothing and besides, it’s the middle of October!” I do not own a single tee-shirt I have not learned to hate.

And then it rained. And the power went out. And the A/C stopped working.

Stockings, even knee highs are contra-indicated when it’s as humid as it is now. There is no air moving. I went outside, to get some relief and there was none to be had, there isn’t any air moving out there either. I was going to take Dogger to the park, but it may be too hot and after a heavy rain it gets really muggy there and not fun. Dogger is also back to eating wood chips again and it’s a real drag to have to follow her around making her stop. And she won’t. She grazes. The wood chips are iron filings and her mouth is a magnet and she just inhales everything in her path. The last time she got like this she ended up with blood coming out of both ends and neither one of us is going through that again if I can help it. So, if the only way to prevent that from happing again is to go for walks instead, then we walk instead.

Oh, and since the power went out, it messed up the computers too. I have this work to get done, and I was so close to being finished when the power went out – The computer is reeling from the power going out. I can check email and surf, normally, this is a good thing, but normally, I don’t have unfinished work. I just want to finish my work. I can’t enjoy goofing off! It’s not right. Usually, I can work or I can goof off, this enforced goofing off is a drag. It’s almost as big a drag as working.




No Friday Cat Blogging today, the camera and the computer had some sort of tiff and would not cooperate with each other.

No comments: