Friday, October 12, 2007

TGIF

Today Ipod has a thing for Bonnie Raitt. I like Bonnie Raitt, but every other song? I only have the one Bonnie Raitt CD on there it shouldn't come up that often.

Alos? I have no food in the house. I want something bad for me and all there is in the house is bags of boneless skinless chicken breasts. I think what I want is pie and there are no pie fixings in my cupboard. I think at this point I would eat pie dough, if I had pie dough, which I do not. If Cook Out Loved me? they would serve pies in addition to their milk shakes.

Oh and also remind me this year TO NOT BUY ANY MORE CHRISTMAS CARDS . Or Ever. Just in general, no more Christmas cards for me even if they are very cute and interesting and reeeaallllyyy on sale. Right. I'll see a box of something glittery and festive and 10% off and I'll bring it home. And that doesn't even take into account the cards I'll make myself. I brought a box of Christmas decorations on vacation and I didn't stand there in public on the side of the road in August and decorate trees for nothing. I'll get on top of this Christmas card mania after the holidays.

I decided while I was waiting for My Name is Earl to come on and as a way of distracting myself from my sudden pie compulsion , I went to see how things were on the top shelf of my linen closet or as I call it "Santa's Workshop" and I was crushed under the weight of approximately 256 boxes of Christmas cards dating back to 2002. I have a lot of people who get cards but all those people don't get the same card. I have tiers. I have family I know, family I don't really know as well, old family, young family, family who "get it", family who do not, friends from home, friends from school, good friends from school and that doesn't even count the people at work, which I have simularly tiered.

I also learned that I am done with Broskey for the holidays. Damn it. He's covered. I can stop looking for things for him. The fact that Christmas is coming soon and I have a grand total of almost nothing for the rest of my family is making me sad because by this time last year I had been very proactive gift buying-wise and I was feeling pretty good about my chances of not having to go to the mall at all between early fall and late January. Sadly, this year I am going to hear mall Christmas carols. In fact, I have heard them all ready. If I had to listen to carols all day every day starting weeks ago? I would get mean. I got mean just hearing a few seconds of Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer and prior to that I had rainbows coming out my ears.

Have you ever wondered why you don't eat lunch at IHOP more often? I mean, who doesn't love pancakes and who hasn't craved them at lunch? And how often do you have an IHOP near enough to you so that you can take advantage of its pancake-y goodness? Well. I have an IHOP very near me and I had a craving and I said Why Not?

You and I don't eat lunch at IHOP more often because it's expensive.

Four pancakes, four sausages links and a coke. Guess. Just guess how much that set me back. Okay, plus $2 for a tip. Doing the math? maybe went to ihopmenu.com? Give up? $11.47! For pancakes! And these weren't fancy pancakes either. No add ins, no designer ingredients. Plain old pancakes. And plain old sausage links. $11. 47. The next time I need pancakes? I'm going to make them myself. From scratch, or from a box. But no matter how I make them? Won't cost me $11.47.

We totally have to figure out a way to get this guy a Tony

The Nobel Peace Prize has been awarded to former Vice President Al Gore and the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.

2 comments:

Dr.John said...

My wife has her own collection of unsent Christmas cards. We also have ungiven gifts which we couldn't find at Christmas time and we bought in July. Good post.

Unknown said...

If I was really organized I would have clear bins for everyone and as I found things for people, I would put them into the bins and be able to keep track of them, and I would klnow who I can stop looking for and who I need to start looking for.

And I would always lable every box of cards as to which group got these last year and who should get them this year.

But that will never happen because I woundn't have to buy new cards. ANd that would make me sad.