Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Dog Parked.

Dogger is going back to the vet. Again . Fortunately, she managed to synchronize her need to go back to the vet with my bosses need to take a couple of days off. I could take her on a day the boss was in the office, but I prefer not having to ask permission first. It's much easier to tell the girl across the hall that I'm cutting out early. For me its about the asking not the telling. I have authority issues.

What I would really like to do is to go home at lunch and bring her back to work with me. I don’t think she would be terrific in my office for an extended period, but it’s cooler now, she could hang in the car. I think she would even like it. I could go out every once in a while to let her pee or bring her inside for a brief visit. It would be dog therapy for the office. I’ve been trying to talk the ASPCA volunteer to bring us in an assortment of puppies and kittens to play with, but thus far she has not been open to that idea.

I know the vet is going to put her back on antibiotics. I can feel it. The only good thing about the same old, same old is when they get the dosage wrong, I can tell. They had better not screw it up again. I really do not want to have to find another vet, I’ve been to now, three or four other vet practices in town and I don’t want to have to get used to another one. Besides, who else would let The Kitty main-line pred the way they do?

On the other hand,you would think that after noting that Dogger is in their exam rooms a lot that they might try to figure out what her problem was, what exactly she is allergic to. Is it environmental? Is it a food allergy? Is she just that neurotic? I don’t want to shell out for a huge amount of research into it, but maybe a little? Maybe a Google search? something , anything. I’m getting tired of it and I know Dogger is too.

On a another doggy topic... So far I have three varieties of dog cookies finished and I think it’s going to be one more and I’ll be done. I was going to to peanut butter last night but in a last minute-pull-from-behind victory, I made molasses instead. I let Dogger taste test and she approved. She really hates it when I make cookies for other dogs, she lays there and tries her damnedest to glower at me. She tries real hard. I know she’s going for deep disapproval, but she’s achieving constipated. She sees treats, she smells treats, she sees me make treats and yet, she isn’t getting any treats. Knowing that many of her dog friends are getting those treats does not comfort her. Dogs aren’t really into being altruistic about treats.

Dogger is not confused about how much she does not want to go outside. Outside, at least over the last couple of days, has been a windy, wet, cold place where she does not really want to spend time. She prefers the outside to be still, warm and dry, preferably free of mean birds, scary leaves, falling limbs, flying acorns, weaponized pecans , sneaky over head wires, mean spirited clouds and gossipy squirrels. She wants a the dog park in July.

No comments: