Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Drive By

I was trying to decide what I was going to do for lunch. I noticed this morning that The Kitty is running out of pred, and while it isn’t a now or never level of running-out-of-pred, it was certainly a better-sooner-than-later. I really didn’t want to go to Sam’s for lunch.

I need to be in a Sam’s Club place to go to Sam’s. I didn’t feel like I was in that place. I thought I was more in a Subway place. Then, I looked out the window and saw the fog. Stephen King is paying out a fortune to flog that movie. There had been fog when I came in to work but I was sure that given the several hours I had been there, that the fog would have burned off. It didn’t, it got heavier. As one of my co-workers said Hey, it’s London outside! I didn’t want to drive in the fog, I could just see the headlines Cliché killed in fog related accident while going to pick up her cats medication. I would be dead and embarrassed. If the massive head injuries didn’t kill me the embarrassment would. I would literally die from the embarrassment. “How did you get hurt? Well, I was driving through a deadly fog bank to get to my pharmacy get my cats prednisone that he really didn’t need until tomorrow, and that’s when it happened.”

I decided I was definitely in a Subway place. Subway is much closer to where I work and I would spend much less time in the fog and driving in the fog is never a fun thing, driving on the highway in the fog is an even less fun thing. I like having fun.

But. I am right in the middle of dog cookie making, which is also fun. I have made cheese and bacon and next on my list is either peanut butter or molasses. I have enough peanut butter on hand but I’m not sure I have enough molasses. I was thinking about this as I went to lunch. I could go out later tonight and pick up The Kitty’s pred and then go to the grocery for molasses, but that would cut into cookie baking time and I want to go to the park too, and if I did go out later it would be another gas eating trip out when I could get The Kitty’s pred and get the molasses at the same time. At Sam’s.

I drove past the Subway.

Obliviously, I made it there and back. It was foggy everywhere the highway wasn’t. That was good. I went to Sam’s and before I got the pred, I wandered around looking for molasses. I also had to think about did I really want that much Molasses? If I did find it, would really want a gallon of it? What is the shelf life of molasses? And do I want to commit to a long term relationship with a gallon of it? I all ready have a container of powered garlic I may have to mention in my will, do I really want to go steady with a gallon of molasses?

Fortunately, I was spared any more of this molasses quandary. I didn’t find any molasses, but maybe I was in the wrong section. I saw vats of BBQ sauce and tanks of pancake syrup, drums of ketchup, but no molasses. I got my pred and my lunch and went back to work.

Tonight, is going to be peanut butter cookies, I’m positive, or molasses, I’m pretty sure. I know for certain, I will be making cookies of some sort.

No comments: