Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Stuff

Because I had a long weekend, I get more days off but I get paid less than you – I had time to think.

Things I thought about:

A possible fund raiser for the dog park: An all-dog live nativity scene! I don’t see how this wouldn’t be a big money maker. Its coming down to the Christmas season, people love dogs, they pay bucks for live nativity scenes Churches put on and some of them when you get down to it, are just about as spiritual in nature as an all-dog nativity. People will buy cast resin all-dog nativity scenes so what’s to stop them from wanting to see one in real life? I’ve seen all make and model of crèche sets for sale with every conceivable group bowing, kneeling and genuflecting in front of various and a sundry Holy Family's. I don’t think there is anything disrespectful about staging a live nativity with pets.

Imagine it! Mary-dog, Joseph-dog, Baby Jesus-puppy, Wise-dogs, Shepard-dogs, camel-dogs, sheep-dogs, Angel-dogs! What could be cuter? We could have a rotating cast! You saw it Tuesday with LuLu the lab as Mary-dog, come see it Wednesday with Sadie the Shepard mix interpreting the role! It’s never the same experience twice! We could totally sell tickets to this.

The Danes with a little wardrobe magic could be the donkeys and the camels; we have two that could play be cows! , we have a lot of mid-sized labs, three of those could be wise men, we have a handful of cattle dogs that would love to act as Sheppard’s, a few white dogs that could double as sheep and I’m sure that somewhere out there is the perfect Mary-dog and Joseph-dog and we could use a light for Baby Jesus-dog, or a puppy! Who wouldn’t come to see a dogitivty scene with a puppy-as-Baby-Jesus! And as for The Angel? ask anyone, their dog is an angel. We could make a fortune for the park! It would be tastefully done, absolutely no playing of dogs barking jingle bells.

Another thing I thought about – I bought the most comfortable pajama pants ever. I wouldn’t be as comfortable naked because then I would be cold. I love these pants. They claim to made of some sort of poly mix but I believe that they are really made of puppy skin – specifically the skin from puppy tummies! There is no other way for them to be as soft as they are. I want to live in these pants. I know that very soon I am going to really start to resent having to change out of them… But. What they should really be marketing to us over the winter months? Warm –N-Fuzzy leotards and Comfy Cat Suits. They wouldn’t have to be those plain jane things we wore in third grade! They could feature snow scenes and happy penguins! Because if you were stretched out on the couch wearing a Unitard , you could really keep track of those holiday pounds! You could literally trace that gift tin of home made fudge you polished off during The Muppet's Christmas Carol! It’s hard to be as aware of that sort of progression when you spend the winter in layers of blankets and fat camouflaging winter wear. If they really loved us, they would want us to be uncomfortable.

I also thought that here it is, the middle of November and my local All-Christmas-All The Time radio station hasn’t started playing All-Christmas-All-The-Time yet.

No comments: