Friday, December 7, 2007

Joy To The World

PLEASE DO NOT USE THE ELEVATOR UNTIL SOMEONE COMES OVER TO CHECK IT OUT. IT DOES NOT SEEM TO BE WORKING CORRECTLY.

I just learned from REDACTED that the water to The New Bldg will be off until 2 PM. Apparently, the receptionist was supposed to make an all building page but I never heard it.

There is no water in the New building due to a water main break. Staff are working on it.

Really, nothing makes you thirsty or develop the need to go to the bathroom like being told there is no water and you can not go to the bathroom. I don’t use the elevators, but I know there were some people who took the news that they couldn’t use the elevators harder than when they were told they couldn’t use the toilets.

One of my co-workers brought in the first round of office gifts today. What is it about me that makes people think I like Butterfinger bars? I really, really don’t. They seem to be chocolate covered Doritos and I can’t see how that would be taste good. The candy did come in a nice mug though, although, I am afraid the pretty, shiny stars on it make it non-microwavable and this makes me sad. Co-worker does get credit for being organized and getting her gifts to the office in a timely manner. I’ll get mine in but it’s not going to be timely. My hope is that I don’t end up having to find Happy New Year wrapping paper.

My cards are mailed though, damn it.

It would also be nice if I would get the last of the dog treats made. I want to take Dogger to the park but that eat’s up valuable dog cookie baking time. I can treat my dog or I can make treats for dogs.

Something that makes me happy! It turns out that I don’t have too many Santa’s! I had this idea that I had too many and that I might be running out of space for them and that I might have to go on a Santa diet; But as it turns out, this was not the fact. It wasn’t until I had them all up that I realized that I don’t have too many and in fact I might not have enough, I have fewer than I thought I did. This means, I do not have to go on a Santa diet! I can continue to binge to my little hearts content! If you are going to collect Santa’s, you really need to collect Santa’s! Whole heartedly, with little regard to space issues. I thought I was going to have to start showing Santa taste or at least come Santa self control in my Santa pursuit but I don’t have to! I might however, try to stick to smallish Santa’s and perhaps, Santa’s a little less uniform in appearance. As much as I like the really big Santa’s, I may start concentrating on Santa’s that are a little less garden gnomish in appearance. Once your collection starts to look like a cattle call for a new Travel City commercial it’s time to broaden your Santa scope.





Happy Hanukkah !!!!!!!

No comments: