Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Place for my stuff

I got my first two bounce notices from vendors the purse thief ripped off. I dutifully called them and let them know that it sucks to be us. I gave them the case number the detectives name and offered his phone number Not good enough said Harris Teeter, "Not Good Enough?" I said, "The account was closed on the twenty-sixth of December. I called the police. Everything with my name on it is listed as Lost or Stolen. Look it up."

Harris Teeter wants more than my word. I wonder why? Someone with my name waltzed in, wrote a big check and waltzed out. But it wasn't me. The real me they can trust. HT wants me to get my bank to issue an official, notarized, legal statement that vows and declares that what they have is a forgery an "affidavit of forgery", so they can close out the check and tack on another .10 per item hate surcharge and hate people a little more. Harris Teeter is all ready a pretty hateful grocery. I guess I know why now. I'm getting pretty hateful too. But I don't charge more for it. I'm hateful for free.

I called my bank."Harris Teeter wants a what?" they said. I said "an affidavit of forgery", They said Did you give them the case number? And I said "Yes" and they said They want a what?. And so I explained and I told them it needs to be notarized and they asked Um. Do you have the checks in front of you?, and I said, "No, I received copies from you and I gave them to the police. I don't have them, oh, You're a bank! My bank! Copy something!". The girl explained that the checks have been sent back to the vendors, the bank doesn't have them . They have scans of them and they are going to have to search the ether for the ones from Harris Teeter. The girl I spoke to wrote everything down and promised to call me back.

Another girl called back. She said the bank doesn't have an official "Affidavit of Forgery" but they would work something out. She suggested I come in on Friday and pick it up. I have a feeling I should get it laminated, I have a feeling I'm going to be using it a lot.

So Happy.

I decided I needed to be in the market for a new purse.

I did my research, I looked to see what the design world was feeling for the spring. It is feeling over sized clutches and large purses with bitty handles. And having seen what the designers were offering and for how much, I went to Ebay to see what had been knocked off and for how much. Still pretty much. So I started to think Green.

I like green. I saw a very cute reclaimed licence plate purse at a store and I really wanted it, until I got a good look at the price. Going green is going to cost you a lot of green. Seems wasteful to me. And then I went to Ebay.



Please note the tiny handles and the candy colored graphic print. Score! Trendy! Spy bag! Woot. Not a summer purse, obviously. It's a little smaller than I am useing now and the trends are leaning towards large bags, but since all the stuff I used to carry around got stolen, I don't need the room. I was able to go green without a lot of green.

No comments: