Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Work it

Wow, look at the time! I had no idea. I was so busy with my new work out routine I totally lost track of time. I call my workout routine Large Dog on Large Dose of Pred. It's a fabulous work out! You never stop moving. It's up and down all the time.

The work out starts slow, you pick up and carry loads of wet bedding and carpets to the basement, then you lift the heavy carpet up so it can dry out. Then you load the bedding into the machine. After that it's back up the steps to take the dog outside again and again and again and again. For your cool down, you fill her water dish again, and again and again.

Every once in a while, you do need to rest though. So then you scour the Internet for information that will help you keep your dog with you longer. For fun you can go to one of the canine Addison's groups on Yahoo and essentially get called a big newby geek because you haven't memorized your dogs blood panels and even worse, you don't know what the numbers and letters: K? CA? BUN? on your dogs blood panels mean. You also realize that eventually you will.

And you begin to recognize that if you are lucky this nightmare is not going to be over for a very long time.

The thing about my fab new workout is that I can only do it while I'm at home. There's a good ten or so hours a day that I am not here. Today before I left for work I did my workout at least four times with varying success. Even Dogger can't pee that often and she is an Olympic caliber pee-er. Then I went to work. I was gone for about five hours.I came home for lunch and I was pleasantly surprised, she had pee-ed but it was mostly confined to her bedding. I changed the bedding took Dogger out to parade around the yard three times - Yes, she could go to the backyard but if a dog pees without an audience, did she really pee?... and went back to work in time for lunch. Word to the wise, if you order the hamburger platter at Dix Grill ($2.20!) do remember to specify that you want your hamburger on a hamburger bun .

Then I came home, late of course because I had to deal with my other trauma. Oh, and when I came home and checked my mail? Letters from collection agencies. The perfect end to the perfect day.

3 comments:

Cat said...

The new workout sounds... healthy? You'll have great quads from the lifting and climbing, and you're developing fast-twitch muscles with the running in and out again.

And Dogger is grateful that you are such a good, caring dog-mommy. She loves you and you're doing exactly what she needs. A dog doesn't need or want to put you in bankruptcy with heroics to keep her alive forever, she just wants to be kept comfortable and loved. That's what you're doing.

I think your bank needs to do some major damage control since it was THIER FAULT that the checks were not reported stolen to the shops who were defrauded. By reporting the account as "closed" instead of "stolen," they basically told the vendors that you skipped town on depts. You should insist on a notorized letter you can send to every vendor who got a hot check. It makes me want to spit at them.

Unknown said...

Thank You! Muh Daddy is speaking to the president of that bank today... And as for Dogger, it's the very least I can do for her.

LizardBreath said...

Sammy, our kitty, is thinking happy dogger thoughts. I can't imagine going through what you are dealing with right now.