Thursday, February 14, 2008

All you do is bark, bark

Dogger is barking at me.

And I’m asking her questions,Are you hungry? Stupid question, Do you want to go out?, answer “Of Course!” and so we went outside and then we came back inside and she barked at me again. I asked her , Do you want to watch Law and Order?, What is it girl? Is House Hunters on? Ace of Cakes?, Do you want your toy? and she just looked at me. I went and found her buffalo pelt and she didn’t want it and I went to go get one of her bones but The Kitty was there and he was so cute and so I had to cuddle him for a while and Dogger was annoyed. She didn’t want her bone. She didn’t want to watch TV and she didn’t need to go outside again.. She was bored. Dogger had ennui.

So I broke into her toy closet and found a rope toy and a plush lion and she decided that the opportunity to disembowel the lion sounded less boring then the rope toy. I suspect she may have really wanted her King Fu hamster but I don’t know what she did with it and I can hardly expect a straight answer out of her.

She grew tired of the lion. Now she has turned her attention to the rope toy. The lion wasn’t as easy to disembowel as she would have liked. Also its mane got caught in her teeth. I think she would be more interested in the lion if it roared. Dogger likes toys that entertain as well as nourish. I think that is why the Kung Fu hamster has lasted as long as it has. She’s been chewing on it for a while and the mechanism that Hi-yas doesn’t Hi-ya as frequently as it was designed for. It makes her work for it and I think she appreciates the challenge.

She may be experiencing mixed feelings about disemboweling the lion out of respect for her trout. It's missing in the house somewhere and she wasn't finished with it and she really needs closure. She was doing a great job with it - giving me hope that if we were ever lost in Wyoming that she would be able to support us by fishing She tore right into it’s belly and did an excellent job of filleting the fluff. I think though she would be very disappointed in real fish as they lack fluff but perhaps she would enjoy roe. Hmm. Maybe she could just find a nice grizzly bear boy and sweet talk him into going out to hunt for us. I would be totally useless unless the Wyoming outback has been seeded with microwaves and coke machines.

On our walk today Dogger let me go to the post office. Last week I needed to go to the post office but she wasn’t having any part of it. I am assuming that whatever was bothering her has cleared up. Maybe she sensed a gas leak or her sources had turned her on to a drive by or something. I think she does things like that to keep me on my toes. She doesn’t want me to get complacent, she likes to mix things up. I think she would really like to go to the park, but it has been damp here for a couple of days and damp and the park don’t go together. The air quality at the park is not helped by rain. The park smells better when it’s had a chance to dry out a little. When its damp the park smells like herd of dogs that all needed baths three days ago.

Dogger has forgiven the lion toy for playing hard to get. She mixed it up this time, instead of going the conventional route - ripping out it’s throat, she snapped its spine!. Way to disable your prey! Dogger! The kids at Puppy School would be so proud! I think she’s really onto something here! I think for vacation this year Dogger and I are going to the Serengeti - Does Food Network have any shows on preparing wild game?

No comments: