Monday, February 18, 2008

Gentrifchickenbones

I had one detective then I had a second detective now I have three detectives. Which means that I now have filled out three police reports. Two with Raleigh and one with Cary. Two reports for larceny and one for fraud - Fraud being more important than larceny. I’m pretty sure that I’m also going to have to do an identity Theft report as well - it hasn’t been suggested, but I see it on the horizon. The more reports the more cases the more detectives better the chance that something will happen and when that something does happen there will be more charges. Or nothing will happen and I’ll have three detectives not answering my calls. Is it fair that I even have three detectives?

I was reading in the paper on Saturday about a case back in the seventies where this man shot his wife in the face and then disappeared. And then nothing. No investigation, no follow up no nothing, not for three decades. This woman was shot in the face. And nothing. And it wasn’t as though it was a stranger who did this. They knew who he was and nothing. Thirty years later the woman’s friend at her retirement center made noise and got the investigation going and three decades later, they found him!, in the NYC apartment he had been living in since he shot her. He shot her, ran to New York and just stayed there. He had been waiting for the knock on the door for all those years. My question is, if they felt comfortable ignoring a guy they knew everything about except where he was, how long is it going to take them to decide my Thief is too hard to find? We don’t know anything about her and she didn’t shoot me in the face. Should I have faith that this is going to happen? If they can ignore a man who shot a woman, what about my thief? How much time do I get before they give up on her? Can I wait thirty years? Should I feel guilty if they do stick with my cases? All she hurt were my feelings.

And if they do find her, is it going to be because they want justice for me or for Target? And does it matter? Should it matter to me?

Speaking of laws and justice and all. I have a request. I want them to make a ordinance about properly disposing of your chicken bones. There are entirely too many chicken bones scattered around, and they are a real problem. Dogger and I have gone on three walks over the last five days and I’ve had my fingers stuck down her throat three times to pull chicken bones out of her maw. Abandoned chicken bones are both gross and dangerous, poor Dogger has enough stacked against her without having the world at large trying to kill her because they are too lazy to throw away their chicken bones. Dumb fucks. It is not necessary to throw your chicken bones out the window, they can be more safety disposed of.

From now on, when I see some one pulled over, I’m not going to assume are being hassled, I’m going to assume it’s because they improperly disposed of chicken waste.

Speaking of Dogger and my walks. There is a house we pass and it has been being renovated for some time, It’s nice enough, but it’s small and not in the nicest location and it’s too close to the road for my taste. It’s on the market now. Two bedrooms, one bathroom, kitchen, living room. Four rooms total with a back deck and bonus out building. The house has 923 square feet. Guess the price? The house is thisclose to two busy streets and the front of the house is littered with chicken bones!... $178,900. It’s tax value is only $63,000! My house is taxed at forty thousand more, has more square footage, is in a better location and I wouldn’t get $178,900 in my dreams.

No comments: