Monday, February 4, 2008

Just another weekend

What a difference a week makes. Last Saturday was one of the worst days thus far of my life, there will be worse days no doubt, but so far, it ranks right up there on the Bad Day big board.

This Saturday? I got the car worked on, did laundry, put stuff away and ran the dishwasher. Just like real life. No tears, my only trauma was non-dog related and transitory in nature. I even did things that had nothing to do with the dog. I left, I did my thing and when I came back Dogger was both dry and still alive. Score. I didn’t cry all day! Last Saturday I did little else.

Saturday afternoon Alphagal and I had a SiTC viewing party. Later on, Broskey and Tiny E brought dinner and a good time was had by all. Dogger was a little annoying and needy - but she’s always a little annoying and needy. If she had been well behaved and unobtrusive, it would have been worrisome. You would almost not know there was anything wrong.

That’s the problem. Should I be listening to the clock ticking? And how fast is it ticking? She’s playing, eating, drinking, voiding, taking things off table tops just as she was before she was diagnosed. I’m stepping down the pred little by little and everything seems fine. I’m still reading the Addison’s yahoo sites and the Rainbow bridge forums. I don’t really feel comfortable in either and they both depress me. I’m not treating, so I don’t really belong at Addison’s groups, but she’s not, at least obliviously dying either so I don’t belong in the Rainbow bridge forums either. I’m in a state of suspended grief. She’s dying and it’s terrible but she’s still living and that’s wonderful... But I can’t pretend that nothing is happening or that it is ever going to be like it was “before”.

Well. The Game. The Giants won the toss and scored first so Yay our division! Woo-Hoo . The super bowl ads have their own Myspace page. I totally have to move to Facebook

I need to check out the counter programing. I was planning on camping out in front of The Puppy Bowl but I decided that I should at least stay with the game until it turns into a blowout. Oh, like it’s not going to. Puh-lease. edited - Yeah, right. Now that was a football game!

If the Puppy Bowl is too stressful, I can turn to Food Network and watch two hours of Designer Wedding Cake Challenge - but Saturday night I watched an hour and a half of Ace of Cakes and I’ve kind of over dosed on fondant so I may be kind of caked-out. TBS is showing some of the chickie-est chick flicks that ever chicked, TNT is showing backtobacktoback Law and Order: Special Victims, FX is running cartoons, Bravo is running Law and Order : Criminal Intent, How about backtobacktoback Project Runway?, HGTV is airing the same stuff they air every night.

Switched to Puppy Bowl and Dogger is watching! The puppies are playing with a squeaky toy and Dogger is entranced. She loves squeaky toys. I don’t think I’ve ever seen her watch TV, The Kitty has watched in the past but Dogger usually ignores it. Ahhhh! The Kitty Half time show!!

Man, my kingdom for picture-in-picture! Oh and I totally kid you not Republicans for Obama

2 comments:

Cat said...

We went to a super-bowl party but DVR'ed the puppy bowl at home. I care not-at-all for the smelly fat men in tights and plastic pads, but furry little balls or frolicking slobber? I can dig that. I even saw a real-life puppy touchdown!!!

When is the next SitC showing up? Can we do this Saturday again? I'll bring the popcorn and chocolate.

Unknown said...

I'm waiting for the 2nd season 5 DVD now. There are five season 6 DVDs and if Netflix loves me, I should have one and maybe, two by the end of the week. Maybe. If Netflix loves me.