Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Errands

So, here are my choices for after work. I can:

1. Go directly home and blow errands off and decide that elves will just do the errands for me while I sleep, and while the elves are at it, they will also leave me cute shoes.
2. Run Errand, and then go home - it's called prioritizing, somethings aren't as important as others. Tomorrow is only a day away.
3. Run multiple errands, keep thinking of other errands that need to be run and wind up running errands until dawn.

Choice 1, of course would be great as Dogger and The Kitty need me and I like going home but sadly, the elves fear Dogger and The Kitty and won't come to my house. No cute shoes for me. The errands will not run themselves. I have limited time this week and this option is really not the best.

But. The Kitty is running low on both his boutique kibble and his pred. So choice 2 would be go buy the pred and then go home. Tomorrow is another day, he won't run out of pred in the next 24 hours and skipping Sam's would be a nice way to end the day... But that would mean running a separate errand to go buy the pred. I think what I might do actually and to be really efficient, I could go put in my order for the pred at Sam’s and then leave and drive down the street to pick it up the cat food from the cat food store which is coincidentally, not far from Sam’s.

What I am trying to do is spend as little time wasting gas as possible. If I go and do these tasks from work, I am closer to them than if I run home and then go out later after I have pilled and fed and walked Dogger and pilled and fed The Kitty.

I am running out of time. Tuesday Dentist, Wednesday Vet, Thursday, I'm on the road.

I would do these tasks over the rest of the week because the cat food store is conveniently located near a McDonald's and Sam’s sells pizza by the slice – But, I can’t chew right now… I can chew, my jaw works just fine, well, as far as I know… The jaw works the teeth do not, or really they do "work", they haven’t fallen out or gone soft, they just would prefer I not use them in a chewing capacity at present. They have made it clear they would like to take on more of an advisory role for the time being - That advice being to eat soft food.

I am going to the dentist Tuesday. I called the dentist Monday and they reminded me that I had not been there in, um, a while. I told them that it was true I hadn’t been to the dentist in um, quite a long time; I have been brushing most of my teeth frequently and in fact multiple times, every day. Okay, twice a day, but more than once and I have graduated to a battery operated tooth brush that promised me that it would do a much better job than my old manual tooth brush – The regular use of both of now lead me to the dentist. In pain – but with a new appreciation of Aleve, and the short term mild abuse of it that made the weekend bearable-ish. The Dentist office asked me why I needed to come to the office after all this time away and what teeth exactly needed attention, upper or lower, right or left and I said “Yes”. I am going to have a great time and the Dentist is going to buy a new boat.

While I was in and out of pain this weekend, I mowed my lawn for the first time this season. The weeds have missed the memo detailing the near historic drought conditions we are living under and are doing very well. Ignorance is bliss. They are doing very, very well. What remains of my grass is dead but my weeds are lush and green and bountiful. As are oddly, the irisi in the back yard.

Pre-mowed



Post-mowed



See? What a difference a little height limitation makes? Now it looks like a nice, green lawn instead of an ugly patchwork of dead grass and weeds. Also? I was the first on the street to bust out my lawn mower. I did this Saturday afternoon, by Sunday evening; half the yards on the street had been taken care of. And I was sneaky too. I used my super quite manual mower instead of my noisy automatic mower! So they were all surprised, usually the whine of the mower gives it away. HA.

No comments: