Friday, March 28, 2008

Train of Thought

Dogger and I took our walk around Dix yesterday. There is a tree in the parking lot of my building that I decided was just about to hit peak pretty and if I wanted a picture of it I would need to do it nower than later-er. As it turned out, "now" worked for my schedule. I left work, went home, changed clothes, grabbed the dog and went back to work. My sop to my off duty-ness was to park my car as far from my building as I could. I wish the grounds were a little more colorful but whomever designed them must have decided that white was the most calming color, but I kind of doubt that back in the day they really thought all that much about what colors would be the most aesthetically pleasing to their patients Spring at Dix Hill.

And then we came home. I fed Dogger then made my dinner (I know wrong order, the person should eat first. Blah.) and after dinner I was in my chair watching TV and Dogger was on the floor chewing on her bone and I started to feel really guilty - I don't think I pet Dogger enough. How do you quantify that? Should I wait for her to initiate petting? I never thought about this before. I was sitting there watching people talk about digging cool stuff out of their yards and finding priceless art in their crawl spaces and I started to wonder if I pet Dogger enough. I quickly got off my chair and stroked her fur, and she enjoyed it, but she had also seemed to enjoy chewing her bone. How much should I pet her? Right now if I went to pet on her, it would wake her up. I don't think she wants to be woken up right now. She wants to lay there and fart in her sleep. She seems very content.

Sigh.

Speaking of happiness. I watched Enchanted this weekend. It's a very sweet movie. I even liked the songs, which I did not like at all when they were played at the Oscars(tm)- Awards these songs so did not deserve, they were sweet songs, bouncy tunes you can hum but they don't work well outside the context of the movie, they just seem like what they are: A substitute for fifteen pagers of dialogue. I liked one of the songs so much after seeing it in the move that I went to Itunes and bought it. I found didn't like it as much. I miss the pageantry of the big production number it came with. It really needs a cast of thousands to do it justice. Amy Adams seems like a really sweet girl and she has a good voice but she isn't a cast of thousands. Hence, why none of those songs from Enchanted won Oscars(tm). Alen Menken is a talented guy but his songs don't do well out of context and frankly? Music isn't really a visual medium, songs shouldn't need a cast of thousands to be properly enjoyed.

Yesterday at work I do check for a couple of things on every-ones computers to make sure they will be ready for the new payroll launch next week. How sad is it that I am my groups technical person? Anyway, one of the keyboards was so filthy that I am pretty sure I contracted cholera from it. Really.

No comments: