Monday, May 12, 2008

Monday

I got a lot done this weekend. I mowed the lawn, went to the farmers market, did the laundry, cleaned the house , went shopping with Alphagal, kidnapped a honeysuckle plant, washed the dog, bought a bike and savaged the drug dealers tree. In my down time I watched a really boring documentary on the polio epidemic and the search for a vaccine. I was very disappointed, I thought it would be better.

I think it was a pretty full weekend.

I got a lot of this done Saturday morning because The Kitty spent Friday night running back and forth to his dust box and the carpet. He did not suffer silently. His GI, upper and lower were having a bad night. I tried to tell him that his problem was well controlled and this was not supposed to be happening and he needed to just stop all this right now. I told him this at 2am and 3am and again at 5:30am.

So, I was up pretty early and had plenty of time to both clean up shit and get shite done. Thank you Kitty. Fortunately, after his morning pred and a little Imodium, the symptoms have resolved. He also made up for all the kibble he expelled by emptying his bowl every time I put anything in it. And? He purred. Boyfriend Kitty has not purred in a while. Perhaps, in retrospect that might have been a symptom.

I learned what was eating my collard greens and I assume, also either in the planning stages of eating my other plants or all ready eating them. Little green wormy things. Don’t worry, when I killed them I did so in a very green way. I ground the little bastards into the dirt with a stick. It does tell me that my insecticide/pesticide/mitacide may not be the mass murder that it promises to be. I need to buy a littlegreenwormythingicide. I also found a slug on one of my flowers in the front. A slugacide and a littlegreenwormythingicide.. For everything that would eat a plant there is a acide for the job. I need to make a list. Everything wants to kill my plants and so I will need something to kill every one of them.

Speaking of green things I crushed, The drug dealers tree (and until someone else buys that rotting hulk and either rehabs it or tears it down, it remains the drug dealers tree) got a fractured limb, and since no one is in residence to deal with the tree, I dealt with it



This caused it to be unable to support the weight of the limb and its leaves and its messy, sloppy, nasty little berries in the style I have become accustomed to. The berries polluting my driveway and yard is enough of an interference, I don’t think I also need to have to contend with the limb molesting my car every time I go up or down my driveway.



Enough was enough. I "fixed" it.



The manual clippers that are so good for keeping your shrubbery in check may not be the best tool for tree trimming. But they will do and since what they “do” is not tree trimming, a temper tantrum will give you the necessary force that the clippers themselves may not be posses. An arborist may disagree with my methods but ya know, no one called an arborist. I also have my eye on a tree in the drug dealers back yard that I really, really, really want to take down too. But I think I’ll need more than my rage for that job. Maybe if I attach a sign to it that says Kill Me Now. Love, The Neighbor that any potential owners will take a hint?

Friday night I bought a bike and a bike lock and a bike basket and a bike pump.



The bike was $57,Two wheels, a seat, six speeds and working breaks. The helmet was $34, its like spending $300 for a bike and springing for the $160 helmet. Its my plan of action for the coming gas price Worst Case Scenario, and, startlingly, I am not alone in this plan. The rest of the plan is to start researching the bus routes to and from work now and finding out which of those buses come with bike racks. The buses won’t run on campus because the streets aren’t city streets, which is a major bummer and a stumbling block to my using mas transit - Which as a state employee, I ride for free. My plan would be to take the bus to the edge of campus, unrack the bike and then ride the bike to my building. For lunch I can either eat at the Dix Grill or head to the Subway. I’m hoping that now that I have a plan in place that I won’t have to put it into practice.

No comments: