Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Frustration

I hate computers. Not all computers of course, I’m sure the one you are using is quite nice, I don't hate yours, or course. Your computer is very nice. NASA has many lovely and talented computers at it’s disposal. I on the other hand have only lazy, useless, untalented computers to use.

My computer at home for instances. When your computer is loading your browser, how many does it load?, I would guess that it load a single version of it. You can after all only use one at a time, it only makes sense for it to load just the one. My computer on the other hand thinks that it and by extension, I need as many as 128 to fully realize both our goals. My goals are of course secondary to my computers fear of being alone, or the bastard is getting them together to try to sell them on a pyramid scheme.

I am also pissed that I have all ready seen both the No Reservations they have aired this evening. One of them being Namibia, and I didn’t need to that one even the first time much less a second. Namibia, a place where there is no food and nothing to see. Starving people sitting around with nothing to do. Yay! The Travel Channel should run this episode three, four times a week... Oh, wait, they all ready do!

I can’t even go to work to find comfort in my work computers embrace. My computer at work had a nervous breakdown, a massive heart attack and a massive stroke or some combination of all three either over the weekend or within seconds of me turning it on this morning. I love Mondays. I had the great fun of going office to office eyeing computers like a vulture or Angela Jolie after a particularity attractive orphan - asking when lunch was and why they hadn’t gone yet and when they did go, to please leave their computer on and not to hurry back. We did have two folks out today, which should have been a God send to me, but when I tried to sign on to their computers both machines told me to go fuck myself - It was in binary but it was still hurtful. The IT person finally agreed to do something disgusting to one of them or bribed it in some way , into working with me.

On a day to day bases I have access to two computers in my world and they both hate me.

But all of this has been educational. I learned that my computer has “capacitors” and they can get “swollen” and “leaky”. I did not know this. When IT checked this they found that while one of my capacitors is a little swollen, it wasn’t leaky or swollen enough to explain the overwhelming systematic damage my computer is experiencing.

I’m tired now.

No comments: