Thursday, June 12, 2008

Green

I came home from work Tuesday pilled and fed everyone, watered the plants, walked Dogger and then went on a bike ride. Did you know Krispy Kream doesn’t have a bike rack? Lots of handicapped parking but no where to lock your bike. I don’t think they are big proponents of exercise. Imagine, a donut manufacturer not being big into exercise or healthy habits. And then I rode my bike home came and munched on my donuts and took a shower and then sat in front of the TV and watched two hours of Anthony Bourdon.- which I view as education programming in the face of more time in front of CSI and Order. I was very productive.

Wednesday I came home, pilled and fed everyone, watched a DVD and then fell asleep for two hours.

That is not what I call productive. I finally got up because Dogger was whining I went downstairs to see what she wanted and discovered she was whining because she had a hair squishy in her mouth and nobody cared. I don’t think she really likes the taste of the squishies as much as she enjoys being chased around the dinning room table and the cookie she inevitably gets to hand over the squishy. When it gets hot like this and neither of us are real excited about going outside, I leave the odd hair squishy around so Dogger can get in her exercise. You would be surprised how much a few laps around the dinning room table can do for your heart rate.

Wednesday I really didn’t want to do race around the table. I was hot and I was tired so I went back to sleep on the chair. It was then I discoverd that Dogger has a skill. It may be hard to believe but Dogger gives a very good foot massage, a little slurpy, but very through . She has a very muscular tongue... I may have over shared.

Now awake and a little queasy, I decided it would be a good time to go walk the fence line and check out the crops. I noticed that it seemed a little gray out and decided to water quickly to make sure that it rains like hell. It never fails, the more throughly I water the harder it rains. I haven’t been watering throughly enough lately and as a result it hasn’t rained in weeks. As I was inspecting the crops I noticed that my baby squash died on the vine! I was devastated. Thank God my tomatoes are still looking healthy! But I’m sure there are evil tomato killers out there just waiting on the right time to strike though and I see a trip to the store for some tomato killer-centric poison in my future.

I told my friend at work about my new raspberry plants and she said was “If you use organic fertilizer, once you have berries I’ll take some”, I countered with that I only have the two plants and I’m not planning on having “extras”. It’s not like you get stuck with unwanted berries. It’s not like unwanted cucumbers - Not that I have any idea what thats like.

Like everything else I planted the cucumber plants are lovely and lush and green but not producing anything but oxygen., which is nice, sure, who doesn’t love a good lung full of oxygen, but you just don’t get the same umph from harvesting oxygen.

No comments: