Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Yea! Tuesday!
I found out how many hours a weeks worth of scanning is: Three and a half hours give or take. I discovered this because the scanner at work broke and instead of opting to just mail all these documents last week, to the people who needed them, we opted to let them sit until the replacement scanner came in - Which could have taken Gawd knows how long to arrive and all the time, more and more documents would stack up doing no one any good. There is a worst case scenario scanner up stairs but the less said about that scanner the better, there is nothing "wrong" with that machine it's just even less up for the task than mine is and I don't want to set any precedence of using the lesser machine when ours is out of service.

In a perfect world I would have just emailed all the interested parties and told them the scanner was out of service and for the next amount of time that I would mail them their material and they would just have to work with only having a hard copy of whatever it is instead of both a hard copy and a scanned copy. Life would be hard but if we all pulled together and all we would have to fear is fear it self and we would all be home for Christmas when it's over, over there.

I think they would have been fine having a hard copy, as that is all they have had forever and its been good enough, and getting that material ASAP instead of waiting around and getting their documents a week and half late but scanned. I guess I've had worse Mondays but I was like a jack-in-the-box all morning. I decided to look at it as being in motion is better than standing still, bodies in motion and all that.

Speaking of jack's in-the-box, I am still up and down, up and down. I agreed to make dog cookies for a find raiser for my friend at works' dog assistance group. They buy toys for shelter dogs and arrange for adoptions and take dogs to places like Petsmart and Petco for adoption fairs. They do good work Well, the fund raiser is going to be held while I am away on vacation so my donated dog cookies would have to be competed before I left - Which is now only three or so weeks away and I needed to get moving on it so I got moving. I made one batch of cheese and one batch of bacon and I'm pretty sure I'm going to make another batch of each.

I bought these little plastic containers for them and I thought they will be the right size but they turned out to be a leetle deeper than I thought they were. Before I started, I filled a test container with some store bought dog cookies to see how many it would hold and Answer? More than I had planned... so I'm going to end up making a few more cookies than I had originally planned on and Dogger is going to get fewer than she had hoped for - But that's all right because I'm pretty sure that she prefers the store bought kind to my home made anyway. The custom shoe makers' doggy prefers mass market shoes.

No comments: