Friday, December 5, 2008

Ms. Clause

And we have Secret Santa! it only took nine emails back and forth to get the dates figured out! Seriously, after email number five I was getting really stressed out about it. We decided among ourselves, i.e without the boss’ input, last week what the price limit was going to be and I don’t think that took any emails at all.

The good news is that I know my giftee! I was afraid it was going to be either the boss herself or the one intake person I don’t really know and her office is of no help whatsoever as it is decorated solely with pictures of her young daughter and herself. Nothing helpful about favorite colors or decorating schemes or collections . I was afraid it was going to be five days of progressively more cutesy I Luve My Mommy photo frames.

My giftee is an active, devoted Democrat, which is great and I can think of several suiatable items right off the top of my head but I’m not sure who else knows that about her and we aren’t supposed to give away who Santa is too early and I’m pretty sure I am the only one who knows that. So that’s a bust, I know she has a lot of older, home made looking tats, but I don’t know what kind of gift giving opportunities that makes available - She’s an RN so I don’t think she really needs a copy of Hep and You and she doesn’t decorate a tree so that knocks out suitable ornaments as gifts and she doesn’t seem to wear jewelry. She lives alone and doesn’t have pets, her kids are grown and away.

That covers the things she does not need or want. I do know she’s a good Democrat, that she’s diabetic, not real religious, she likes motorcycles, she’s into body art and has an interest in cooking and cookbooks and drinks a lot of water. I know for a fact she’s really devoted to giving to others at the holidays and does a lot of very generous but low profile holiday wish granting and meal supplying. I think I’m going to go with the interesting/antique cook book angle and look into Heifer International.

Ya’ll got any ideas what I can get for this lady that could be in my hot little hands between December 12-19?

My theory of decorating is Go Big Or Go Home

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rudolph the Red-Nosed MOOSE?? Is it my imagination, or does he look angry?

Would it be worse if he knew I think he looks GREAT?!

Unknown said...

He does look a little angry. I think he looked a little less so before I put the nose on him. It may also be a trick of the non-light.

Cat said...

Ideas: In addition to cookbooks, maybe a nice little kitchen gadget, pretty kitchen towels, cookie cutters, etc.