Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Oh What Beautiful Morning! Oh What a Beautiful Day! Everything’s Coming Up Roses Everything's Going My Way!

I imagine that I’ll have the best nights sleep I’ve had in the last eight years. You never knew what that jackass was going to do when no one was watching. I woke up every morning for eight years with a feeling of foreboding. But tonight! I should sleep the sleep of the confident that their president isn’t going to strip them of their remaining civil rights or start any new wars over night. You wake up to business as usual and you go to sleep in a brand new world! I have all this happy and I don’t know what to do with it. I’m filed with a child’s drawing of the sun! I feel all orange and happy and smiley. I feel like painting the exterior of my house with finger paints or maybe turning my driveway into the worlds largest mosaic... Which I would totally do, but for the five inches of snow in my driveway, which throws a bit of a wrench into my joy induced curb appeal campaign. But it is really pretty snow.

As it turned out I didn’t watch the inauguration at either McDonald's or the Chinese place. I watched it in the comfort of my own living room. Gawd sent the storm to make sure we didn’t have to make any hard decisions about keeping our jobs or witnessing history being made. That was nice of Him.

President Barack Obama, it just seems not real,  like it’s some sort of fantasy that  I spent the last two years not really letting myself fully indulge in. Sure, I bought the buttons and I went to the rallies and knocked on doors and donated cash and finally, cast my vote but I never really believed it would happen. I did what I thought I should do, I did what came naturally.  I was raised right so I have the desire to do the right thing, as most of us  who were, do; But sometimes it doesn't matter how much you want to do the right thing, the road to hell is paved with good intentions and doing the right thing doesn’t always guarantee  a positive outcome for you. The bad guys always seem to finish first.  You do right because it is right, not because you are expecting a reward. The good guys don’t always win and right isn’t always rewarded. In fact, most of the time doing the right thing gets you a boot to the head for your trouble.

No Morning Boot To The Head! OMG! A reward for doing the right thing! The good guys won! The bad guy went away. A mythical re-set button got pushed! Wednesday we will wake up in a new world.

It even snowed and made everything pretty for us. Snow Day

No comments: