Friday, July 24, 2009

The Best Laid Plans

My plan for Thursday evening were, admittedly, a little ambitious. My plans were to come home, walk Dogger, feed Dogger, chill out a little, feed myself and then bath Dogger, walk Dogger and gather up the trash and take it and the recycling out, and then bathing myself  Oh, and laundering all of Doggers bedding and towels.

I was planning on going to bed early, because after all that I would be exhausted

Well. Instead I came home, took Dogger for a walk but  Dogger saw clouds in the sky and decided she needed to go home now. I took her home, fed her and then fell asleep.

Great. I think it's a side effect of all the  extra walks with Dogger, by the end of the week I'm just exhausted.

I napped for long enough that I  had time to get up mid-nap and keep Dogger company in the office. Tiny came to see what was up and it was kind of a group activity, except Tiny wasn't napping. Tiny doesn't nap.Yeah. I got a lot done. I ended up having to go out to get dinner and that wasn't adding to my planned efficiency. Dogger did get  the bath-tub bath  and that was in my  original agenda, but she didn't get a walk because it was now raining and Dogger doesn't do rain. I was really excited about getting her bathed as I haven't been able to give her a bath in the tub for quite some time and since I don't get the chance as often as I used to pre- blown knees, I took advantage and  did two different shampoos and I snuck in some conditioner too. I can and do bath her in the yard but it's just not the same.

Okay, so one  major task  out of how many? completed. Doggers' laundry is now in a pile on the floor sitting there looking at me with its lumpy, laundry eyes and I want to make it go away but to do that I have to take a shower and I have other things I want to do before that and then if I leave the laundry to wash until later it's going to sit there in the machine and be damp all night and I have a bad habit of forgetting about laundry sitting damp in the machine.

 I tried to take Dogger for her scheduled  eight-something walk but it was dark and still raining so no walk for Dogger and my hopes were dimmed for taking the trash and recycling out to the curb. It's fine, I'll survive. Now I have plans for the weekend! Yay!

No comments: