Monday, August 31, 2009

Little Animals are in the House!

Yay! I didn't spend the week pinning for them because I knew they were okay and that they would be home soon. I was hopeing to take advantage of all my pet- free time but I really didn't. I had said Ohhh! I'm going to go out after work and do shopping and fun stuff and run around!, but I didn't. I came home and watched TV and hung around. The only thing I didn't do was get up at 5:45 AM to walk the dog. I can't say I missed that a whole lot. But. Monday morning ayem, we're on the road.

Dogger was overjoyed to be reunited with her two favorite things,her stuffed toy and her futon. Dogger and her thrid favorite walked twice today. We walked to the post office this afternoon and this evening we did our old faithful walk around the neighborhood - just like old times pre-blown knees and Dogger did just fine. We did a lot of walking while we were on vacation and I think it really helped to increase her strength and endurance.

My parents told me that on the drive home she also was jumping in and out of the truck unaided but on the way up she needed help, so the trip was really good for her. I think it also helped that I wasn't there to help her get in and out of the truck on the way home.

Mommy needs to get out of her helicopter and let her baby do things on her own. Gawd. I need to be smacked on the snout with a rolled up paper: I am over-parenting my pets! Bad, bad,Diana.

Tiny is also back. I'm so happy. While I haven't missed the early morning walks, I have missed my early morning kitten snuggles. My nose hasn't been licked raw in a week and since he's been gone the bugs are getting a little too brave. Tiny is my very own bug zapper.

While we are talking cats, I haven't seen my two ferels since I came home and I was starting to worry about them a little. Well, as Dogger and I were aproching the house after walk number two, I saw the big gray cat in the neighbors yard. Do you know that as soon as I was back in the house those cats were on my porch? He saw me, called his friend and they came over to welcome me home. And to beg for food.

Tiny was just thrilled with the visiters. He wanted to play. I don't think those cats "play". But it was fun watching Tiny talk trash to them through the door.I may need to find a new name for Tiny, he's not very tiny any more. Or I could just keep calling him Tiny but now in a ironic way but there isn't an ironic bone in his sweet little body and I'm not sure I want an ironic name for him.

My little babies are home.

No comments: