Friday, August 28, 2009

Whine

I'm not sure if ya'll have noticed, but I've been petless since I got back from vacation. It's weird. The first morning I got up way too early and while I made corrections I'm still getting up too early. I set an alarm, but I've been waking up before it is supposed to go off - I hate that. I blame it on my alarm. I'm so afraid of over sleeping I don't sleep.

I'm also missing my little animals. The house is so empty without them.It's way too big for just one person,but it's perfect for a person, a dog and a cat. There also isn't anyone to talk to, and it turns out I talk to the animals a lot. To make up for this I've spent the last week checking my email a lot and learning to text. On the upside, there aren't any cat boxes to clean out or any poop to bag up, but when I leave  every morning I've started to say goodbye to the house and in the evening I've gotten in the habit of taking myself for a walk. Off leash.

I thought back when I was thinking about this  magical pet-free week that I would go do stuff after work - Something I dream about normally, and I had thought  that when I did finally get home from all my exciting post-work adventures that I would clean the whole house top to bottom. I would have, had my washer hadn't broken. Oh, yeah, I was totally dedicated to the idea. What does this have to do with a top to bottom  house cleaning? If I am going to clean I am going to launder and since everything in my house is covered with pet fur, if I can't launder it I can't clean it.  There is only so much you can accomplish with a vacuum and Windex. Since I couldn't do a portion of my work I didn't do any of it at all. The only thing I did towards "cleaning" was to take out the garbage.

Also, once I was actually in the petless house I lost the desire to clean it. I tidied before I left and it didn't get all that dirty while I was gone. I also just didn't want to.  I didn't really want to do anything. I just wanted to come home, put my fab new sneakers on and watch TV. And then I got my new phone and all I wanted to do was come home, put on my fab new sneakers and play with my phone. That doesn't leave much time for housework.

No comments: