Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Pot

When I was in Marquette, the last few days of our trip coincided with the college kids coming back to Northern for the fall semester. I thought How cute! Awe. The seasons are changing and the kids are coming back and the leaves are turning. Awe. College kids are awfully cute when they  belong to someone else. The kids coming back to  NCSU are a lot less cute.

These kids use up all the tubes going to the Internet and make it difficult for me to get online. Like really, really hard for me to get online. Bastards. I hate kids. The Northern students are much more polite and don't take up the townies Internet connections and they aren't in the way or hogging parking places I might want or causing lines all over the place. And if they could, those damn kids would probably be on my lawn too.

But it's okay. I'm on now and that's what counts.  Deep breaths.

Since I've been home, I've been thinking  a lot about my raspberry bushes. They were gorgeous and they gave me berries and then they were still mostly gorgeous and then they kind of got less gorgeous and stopped with the berry making and then I pretty much stopped thinking about them - which made me sad -  but they had still had all these really neat leaves and  they blended with my other plants. Then while I was on vacation, the raspberrries noticed it was the end of the summer and they kind of lost interest. And leaves.  I decided that at the end of the season I would replant them in larger pots and hope for the best next spring. Well,  to do this I would need pots. Big pots. Big potentially expensive pots - and so I went to Poverty Barn and  fully expected to hit the mother load of marked down pots. I found a mother load of Christmas decorations and Halloween costumes but no pots. This made me a little tense.

So I went to Wally-World during the time frame I would have taken Dogger on her post-dinner walk but it was raining and we had all ready had our pre-dinner walk in the light rain and I wasn't looking to slog through heavier rain. I was also hoping to make it a quick trip because I  was keeping the hope alive that the rain would stop and we could still go for our walk. It didn't and we didn't. It was still pouring when I left Wally-World with my pots!

Yes, Wally-World still had pots. Not only still had them, they hadn't really marked them down very much - Disappointing but I was able to get some bigger pots and they are pretty. If I had waited for them to go close out there wouldn't be any pretty ones left and I like pretty. The pots I ended up with will still blend beautifully with my theme of "Clearance Table Chic/Cracked and Damaged/Shop Worn" that I have going on now.

I didn't end up getting the ginormous pots I thought I was in the market for, but this way there are still pots that I can move  them up to  when they need to - I think.  I don't know anything about re-potting plants. I don't know if the size of the pot you plant them into matters as long as its larger than the one it came out of. It may not even be that they have outgrown their pots, they may have grubs or grasshoppers or something else that could make them sad. But since they don't appear eaten or  seem to be dieing I'm going with potbound.  When is "the end of the season" exactly?

No comments: