Friday, November 6, 2009

Friday

I discovered that Dogger has a Walk Window. I was fifteen minutes late coming home from work and girl dog was done with going for a walk. She looked at her agenda and it was time for Dinner and she was going to eat dinner and she was not going for a walk, it was dinner time and she wasn't comfortable straying too far from her dish. She's okay to leave for her walk from 4:40-4:45 but past that she's really not comfortable with going for a long walk or even a short walk or leaving the house at all or being in a room that does not have her food dish in it. I think she is afraid she won't get fed or her food will taste different if she  isn't eating at the exact "right" time. My dog is Rain Man.

She also seems to have a temperature limit for walks. The warmer it is in the morning the longer a walk she wants to go on, if its cold we go around the block and she's done.I try to go straight and she's all We live that way. Where are you going? Is it the cold and dark? Can you not see? Is the cold affecting your decision making skills? I have fur! I can lead you home!. I am 1/83s scent hound and I don't need light. Follow me! It is going to suck for her when its really winter and she needs to walk a long way in the morning because its dark by a quarter to five. Its so great that its light at 6:15am! Its so totally great and useful! No one needs that hour of daylight in the evening! Such a waste! Grrrrr.

Are ya'll watching Community yet? You really should be, its great. Funny as all hell. Much, much more funny than actual Junior College.

We had our much beloved to our boss, weekly meeting today. The theme? "What Does Chronological Order Mean To You?" you would be surprised at the number of definitions we as a group were able to come up with. None of them right, but "we" tried hard.  I used the word "linear" and I was like "Start from the beginning and go to the end in order". They didn't understand. So. Sad.  I guess they are much more in medias res fans. Or they would be if they knew what that meant. And they don't. But I don't know a thing about open heart surgery or talking down suicides so we're even, for my part I had someone ask about a suicide hot line and I put them on hold. For a second! and then I thought get back on the line and asked if they were having a crisis right now and the caller said she was fine but she was concerned about her neighbors husband who was threatening to kill himself and I told her to call 911. The end. 

To prove that I am not completely insensitive, I did  skip the snarky part of my speech that I give people who call us for stupid non-our job related things where I tell them they have reached the line that takes complaints against health-care providers  and we can't help with whatever she's calling  for and I'm not going to forward her because we aren't some sort of free long distance service.  Blergh.

The Social Workers said it was the right answer, actually the SW said What the hell was she calling us for a suicide?! Gawd! "He's going to kill himself!  Call 9-1-1! Shit!. The first thing I read this morning was a death report for a lady who through herself out a third floor window.  Love. My. Job.

I didn't get any new catalouges today.

No comments: