Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Garden Update 15

 Well. There isn't much of the garden left, but there is still a garden and it is a happy garden.

On Saturday while I was running around like a crazy person doing all the work in the world, I took a break and went to check out how the garden was doing. I haven't spent a lot of time with the garden lately, I pulled a couple of tomatoes off a few weeks ago and a pepper, but there hasn't been a lot going on there. I also had to take out a couple of baby brocs but that was a while ago. The remaining brocs don't look too chewed yet.

But on Saturday I pulled a lot. I took out all the tomatoes and a couple of the peppers. It was time and the plants were dead or clearly on the way there. I felt bad but not as bad as I thought I would. I think they and I were ready to let go.


Sad isn't  it?

The peppers are allowed to stay because they are still making peppers







They are little peppers, granted but they are peppers and I'm not going to pull them out if they are still productive.  Unlike the tomato plants the peppers are still green and pretty and healthy.

Speaking of green


Aren't they cute? So little and bug chewed, I'm still keeping the hope alive.  I'm not unplugging frankenhose and removing the rubber mulch blanket that's presumably keeping them warm at night. My flowers in front are still blooming, but I think its because they have a nice blanket of dead leaves to cuddle up with at night.

No comments: