Friday, December 18, 2009

Infectious Diseasogger

Damn it!

Again.

Dogger woke up lame Thursday morning. Limping, leg drawn up, gate stiff. Damn it. Damn it. Damn it. I'm now channeling Florida from Good Times, thank you no Applause, please just throw money. My first thought was Well. It is kind of cold. Maybe she's just cold.. This was of course bull shit. its been cold and its never been cold enough inside to warrant fits of indiscriminate limping on her part.

We did not go for our walk. We wandered around the front yard while I chanted Foot Down Dogger, Foot Down, because in the past this has actually worked. However, it does not work when she has an infectious process going on, she's had enough of these now that I can tell from the get go that we need to go back to the vet and get her back on her good friend Mr. Antibiotic.  Mama's know when their babies are sick and it doesn't take  many ear infections before Mama knows when one is in the house.

I went to work and spoke with another dog person who suggested that maybe Dogger just "slept on it wrong", I said this might be it but I was thinking Dog Person please! Then I called my vet and told him about the limping and the sudden lameness and the swollen, bumpy nature of her knee - Thinking that he would just say Okay, its too swollen to properly  tell whats going on, lets try two weeks of  antibiotics and make an appointment for a week from now. I know it by heart.

Bastard told me to "apply heat to the knee and see how that goes". Dick! Its not going to do anything! She has an infection and Dogger is an antibiotic junkie, she "needs" her "medicine" to feel "well" again. Literally. The whole knee saga as turned my dog into a antibiotic addict. He messed up her knee and now in his words "Has some sort of bacterial thing going on" for like the fifth time in since last April. You do not heal up a "bacterial thing" by applying heat to the area. GAWD.

No comments: