Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Online, In Line

I learned something today. The US Postal service is a giant whore. We pay it a lot of money to make us happy and it does and then we go away until the next time we need it and then it charges us more for the same thing and  there isn't anything we can do about it because they know how we like it.If the Tea-Party  whack jobs wanted to look less like whack jobs they would turn their rummy, unfocused eyes towards the issue of postage.

I heard the guy  working the window I was waiting for tell the custumer he was working with that he had a girl come through his line all excited about the Madonna stamps and then get very unexcited when he had to break it to her that the stamps weren't of that Madonna.

You know what you do when you finish up your holiday shopping early? Other peoples holiday shopping!

So I have a list and I went out on  a preliminary trip, hoping that maybe I could kill all my birds with one stone - And you can imagine how that turned out. I found some things that I wanted while most of my list birds lived to fly another day. Feathered bastards.

I also decided that I'm going to shop online for my Secret Santa, I've tried in the real world but its not a whale year and I think I'm going with a whale theme for my person this year. I drew the same person I got last year which could be kind of a drag but she's a theme-y person so it's going to be okay. I only wish we could have drew our names earlier because when I was at the mall after Thanksgiving I saw lots of whaley things. I don't want to go back to the mall but I'm not sure I have a choice now that I am a foster shopper.

Well. I just tried my shopping online idea out and it didn't work the way I wanted. I decided to go trolling for whale DVDs. No Pun. And  wasn't successful. I mean, there are whale DVDs out there, I just wasn't turned on by them. What would be a giant turn on would be the whale chapter of the Blue Planet series... Now that would be a big winner. I loved that series and I think my Santa-ee would be very excited by it. I choose not to think about whether or not she owns a DVD player. My other idea with her is to find her a desk calender/365 days of whales and a nice Whale-a-Month calender for her wall. I know she uses both, so it would fit into my self imposed "no knick-knacks" rule, thus far my Santa-ee has a lovely whale can opener so I'm not completely empty handed but I would be happier if I was juggling.

1 comment:

Auntie Who Is Granny's Daughter said...

Wasn't Blue Planet a PBS offering? If so, go to the PBS website and you might find just the thing for your cetaphile.