Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day to Day

I need a three day weekend more often.

I know in a few days I'm going to be cursing the missed day, I prefer a free Friday to a free Monday -A Monday off makes the week go slower in my opinion. A Friday off is much easier to work with, Fridays being slower days by nature. A missed Monday just makes work.  We don't have another day off until Good Friday.

January we have two days off, February we have no days off, March, no days off, April, one day off, May, one day off, June  no days off, July, one day off, August no days off, September, one day off, October no days off, November, three days off, December 2 days off. Its how we at work look at our calender. We're a little pathetic.

I had so much time this weekend and so much nothing to do. It was really nice, I didn't "have" to do anything! So I stayed up late and slept late and watched a lot of TV and didn't do a single thing I didn't want to. I did do a lot of laundry and ran the dishwasher more than was probably necessary and I finally folded the laundry in the basement! Y'all have no idea, I've been avoiding that job for months and now its done! Finished! I have custody of my laundry baskets back! Yay!

I can hear you saying You need to chill out. Party less hardy. Cheer Down, I know.

Oh, Dogger! I took Dogger back to the vet and now she is no longer a cone head and I got permission to take down the pup tent! Dogger was so happy to lose the come but she look kind of confused about the pup tent going away. Dogger is very easily confused. But now, its time for walks and doggy rehab. I think I'm a little more excited about resuming our walks than the rehab part. Dogger doesn't want to do things that she doesn't want to do. She's very head strong and despite being a little bit weakened by the whole knee issue, she's still verystrong and when she doesn't want to do do something she doesn't go down silently or easily.

I'm also no exactly sure what I'm supposed to do rehab-wise. The vet showed me about straightening it and building the muscle but I;'m not exactly sure how. I did it but I didn't know if I was doing it right and I could feel things in the knee and I can't say that was a lot of fun. I think I would just as soon walk her a lot. We have been doing walks since Sunday, but she gets tired really fast.

We aren't going to be doing the morning walks though. Its too cold and I've gotten kind of used to not waking at 0'dark thirty and going on walks. If it was warmer, maybe, but now its still cold.

No comments: