Friday, January 8, 2010

Sick-ish puppy

The vet removed the wire and hopefully the problem.  Dogger is back on antibiotics and is to continue her pain meds. The incision is smaller than the last one and shes scheduled to have her stitches removed in ten days, the vet wants good news from us then because his option if she's not recovering, would be to put a wire back in.  I don't really want him opening her up again, this time all he had to do was make a small incision and pull the wire out.

Without the wire the only thing holding her knee together is scar tissue and that makes me very concerned because she has less than a year of healing under her collar and most of that time the wound was infected. The vet said the knee felt really good and he feels confident but I know his work and I'm not completely confident.

 She's back in an Elizabethan collar and I'm thinking that this go-round I'm going to go get her a nice one at the store because she really does not love life when she's wearing one and the last time around she wore one for over a month and if she must wear one I want her to wear one that is comfortable, She seems pretty perky though, shes awake and alert and scarfed up her dinner and when I take her outside she really moves along at a good clip. I'm hopeful.



No comments: