Monday, February 1, 2010

Cold Toes, Warm Heart

It snowed. It snowed hard all night Friday and shockingly, we didn't lose power or water and the sun did not fall from the sky. Saturday afternoon, I walked the whole approximately 250 mile track around Lake Johnson and had a good, if cold time but I wish I had worn another pair of socks, its the third pair that's the charm. Its really not 250 miles around the lake, but when you are trying to walk in snow bitter cold, it adds up.
 
I know however, that Monday I will be one of maybe three people in the office. It doesn't matter how clear the roads are or how safe travel is, I work with people who take any excuse to not come to work. When they do finally come back to work all they'll do is bitch and whine and complain about having to make up the time they lost while they were "forced" to stay home. Bull shit.

I discovered that for all the bible thumping we do here, when I went to Mass on Sunday it was all but me. myself and I in attendance. I don't think the Baptists held church at all and I didn't see any sign that the Episcopalians were around either. I actually got to park in the parking lot!  in good weather I park a blocks away. Little did I know what fair weather Christians were taking up all the close up spots.

I think I should get credit for getting myself to Mass. I want the bad Baptists to have to park three blocks away and let me have their good parking places. In reality, there should be special , really good parking places set aside for people who go despite a little snow on the ground. I go every week and park in hell while this assholes use any excuse to not go to Church and still get to park right up close. In my world this is wrong: I'm sorry the streets were plowed and there was no ice accumulation. You stayed home because you are a soulless pussy. Not only are you going to hell, now you must park in hell as well!.

The streets were okayish on Saturday too. I drove all the way to Lake Johnson without any problem at all. I drove 25 miles an hour, but since I drove slowly and carefully, it was a problem free trip. If you know what you're doing , snow isn't a problem. The people I saw with problems were  the ones driving four wheel drives thinking they knew how to drive a four wheel drive. They don't.  The SUV drivers were the ones who SOL, they were the ones slipping and getting caught in drifts. I drove like a little old lady in a two wheel drive minivan on snowy streets and I didn't as much as have a mild scare. I stopped at lights and pulled away with no problems. I stayed in the middle of the road and kept to the cleared areas.

Dogger and I even managed to take walks. She really likes it. I have really cold toes.

Join me in calling on CBS to kill the Focus on the Family ad before the Super Bowl on February 7!


Tell CBS Tebo isn't that cute. Say NO to right wing zealotry and YES to choice

No comments: