Monday, February 15, 2010

Fun and The Games

Well, I did get my list done. The dog bathing, the laundry doing, etc. and I did it all on  Friday Night while the rest of you were out "doing stuff" and "having fun" and "living life to the fullest" - I was taking a bath with my dog.

I didn't want to take a bath with her and in reality, I don't think anyone really wants to bath with their pets, its kind of icky and it smacks of  "attachment pet-owning"  but it makes it easier to do both sides of her - and I wasn't technically bathing myself while I was bathing her,  so it wasn't technically attachment pet-owning plus I was wearing rain boots so I could get into the tub with her and I did get my hair wet. And it snowed. I did all of this in the snow!  Okay, I did all of this inside, while it was snowing outside, but I definitely think it raises the level of difficulty.  I had to be really thorough when I was drying her off. I had to use three towels and a blow dryer!  If it was warmer, I would have just used two towels and I wouldn't have used the hair dryer at all. 

I still went out to dinner with Broskey and Tiny E  though, so  I wasn't completely selfless. In the snow though. We had to like eat while it was snowing. That makes it harder. So its not just like regular eating,  it was eating during a  winter weather advisory so it was scary and we had to wear reflective clothing and carry extra blankets. Safety first.

And there was the Opening Ceremonies! I watched all of that. All. Of. That. I did not know that tap dancing and beat poetry played such big parts of Canadian History. Stomp must have broken all kinds of records there. Lots of tap dancing. Lots and Lots. I think about half of the First Nation dancers had taps on their moccasins. I mean for real. And soul patches. Lots of soul patches.

And no Bill and Doug McKenzie! No beer! What the hell?!  No Red Green! The McKenzie's could have rocked some spoken word performance! Come on! They didn't have any group Eh's or choirs saying Aboot. And hardly any hockey players! They could have featured tap dancing hockey players! But No.  No lumber jacks, no Hollywood productions trying to pretend they are in LA! Come on! its in Vancouver but no mention of X-Files? I thought for sure that David Duchovny would have some role somewhere. Mulder and Scully made Vancouver!

Speaking of The Games, did you see the US Women beat China 12-1 at hockey! 12-1! I didn't know hockey scored that high. I mean, cheers to the Chinese women for sticking around after goal 7,8 and 9 because it had to be rough, what with the second and third string scoring on them and then the figure skaters out there scoring on them and everything.

I want a medal ap for my phone. Oh, and Dogger got all clean and pretty so I could take her to her  vet for her twice yearly electrolyte test/annual physical on Saturday so think positive thoughts for us about  her health in general and her Addison's in particular.

No comments: