Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Garden Update 2010 2

I got a new Burpee catalog. I now want many more varieties of plants than I did before I got my new Burpee catalog.

For instance, I want flowers. Lots and lots of flowers. Lots of flowers. I'm not really a flower person, really, I mean I can keep them alive but its not like I can bring them inside or anything, thank you Kitty! and you can't stuff them with ground round and make a dinner of it- not the flowers I want anyway. But. They're so pretty! so, so pretty.

There is a dahlia called Showtime that I need. I mean that, I need that plant. And I could have it if I wanted to spend $5.58 per plant.



I might be able to do these. I love the colors and I don't think I've seen them at the Wallyworld nursery and if I have, I haven't seen them for $5.58 a plant. I'm also thinking that I would love


To have Chomley Farran, a Dianthus, it runs $7 something  a plant and that might be more than I am willing to go and it isn't avalible in seeds. I saw this in last years catalogue and lusted after it then too. It isn't really important to me that my various flowers match so I would have no problems with the Chomley and the Showtime being together or at least close to each other. I can't forget the seeds I all ready have, one very baby pink and the other more primary colors.

Looking through the wish book I saw another variety that I need


It's called an Origami Red and White and its a Columbine. Sigh, isn't it pretty? Wouldn't it look nice in front of my house?  and? it comes in seeds! I didn't even like seeds! Seeds are scary and labor intensive and they do not offer the instant gratification that I crave.

But yeah.  I need to pull back I can't have everything and  most importantly, I don't have room for everything and I probably don't even live in the right climate for everything I want either. NC is better for random flowers than Texas was. I need to chill out though, step away from the catalogue and try to stay in the here.

Speaking of the here. I was walking past the shack this evening with Dogger. I go past it at least twice a day so I keep a good eye on it.  Today I didn't see anything out of the ordinary but I did hear something. There are people there, one might be a small people.  I got some counseling from Alphagal as to my options and we decided againts me calling 911 right-here-right-now, I mean,  shelter is shelter and I'm not going to pitch anyone into the cold but, the place is less structurally sound than your average kid built backyard fort and it has no power no water and the place is a tinder box.  In the morning I'm calling  City Code Enforcment, and the County DSS  APS/CPS  ( Department of Social Services/Adult Protective Services/ Child Protective Services). Hopefully I'll get some of that instant gratification I crave.

According to APS, the answer should have been "call the police". CPS has yet to get back to me, the county code enforcement says they'll check it out.

According to the police I should have called them last night.

No comments: