Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday

As a consequence of napping almost all day Saturday I got almost nothing done but at the same time,  a lot done. It depends on how you look at the numbers.

I did my laundry done - it took two days but the laundry is done ( lets not talk about the putting-it-away-part, shall we?)  I took Dogger on not one but two long walks downtown - one of those walks I ended up with a free free-standing hammock! True its a non-traditional free standing hammock but it is still very hammock-y and I think I may know why its non-traditional and how to make it less so. I think. I may be wrong, but its still a very nice hammock and it was free so it is fab-u-lous! It's non-traditional ness non-withstanding. FREE.

I went to a lovely garden/art party/show and it was nice. Hot. Very, very hot but it was nice - I think its gotten a bit more to the Art Show side and away from its original purpose as "Here is our lovely garden, please ask us questions about it, what do you need to know about plants in general?" Party, which is sad because I liked the "ask us questions" aspect of the whole thing and now its more about buying pottery.

After I left the show/party I went down the street to a very nice nursery and this is where I should have had someone with me because  I bought more plants! I wasn't going to buy anymore plants! I was done with plants and I was! If I only went to the Wally World plant section ever again, I would have been totally done with plants until next spring I swear to Gawd! But then I went to this really nice nursery and I bought more plants. Nice Plants.

I bought a plant called a curry plant but a little research  ( thank you Internet!) reveled it it not actually a curry plant curry plant but another plant all together that smells like curry but is not actually curry. My plant looks like rosemary while a "real" curry plant looks like, well, not like rosemary. My mock curry plant smells divine though so I forgive it its trespasses. I also got an Orange Mint plant that also smells divine and as a plus, is actually a  real mint! It was suggested that I put springs of it in sun tea and  I think I will definitely take them up on this.  The plant is so minty that it is highly suggested that I never let it escape from its pot. Ever, as it is unapologetically like all mints,  has all sorts of  wild fantasies about world domination and has the capacity to make those fantasies a reality. So clearly, no day passes for  Mr. Mint!

I also got a really interesting plant called "A shrimp plant" , which more research (thank you Internet!) taught me is not going to live out the winter but will bloom its little heart out until the first freeze. It apparently has deep love relationships with Florida and South Texas, so its fated to only be a passing acquaintance to North Carolina. Pretty flowers though, very interesting, they look like large, cooked shrimp. Paradoxically, however, it does not smell like a shrimp cooked or otherwise.

I also bought a four pack of  daisies to fill in where some bedding plants had failed. Lets hope the daisies study harder. Lets see what else did I get done between naps? I picked more green beans and I  grazed on my raspberries. Yum. And I put away about a half a dozen rain coats.

Broskey and Alphagal came and worked on my new old bike and pronounced it okay-until-I-can-replace-it and they set about  starting  a search for a decent used bike for me to hopefully, be able to ride every day forever.  They also put together my hammock because I was totally defeated by the prospect of doing it myself as I am not good at puzzles and tend to throw arounf pieces that don't fit like I think they are supposed to . They managed to put the entire thing together and didn't throw a single peice.

No comments: