Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Sleeping Betty

Well. The mowing did annoy my arm in that its less swollen and bumpy but more bruised. The nurse at work was pleased, apparently bruising is better than swelling and much better than "bumpy". Bumpy is bad. If I'm lucky I'll have a nice purple splotch by the weekend! Yay!

 More than my arm suffered for all that work though, I came home today and decided that it was too hot to walk Dogger so I fed her, fed myself - let's here it for leftovers! and then tried out the citronella candles I got over lunch. They worked. They worked so well I fell asleep on the hammock. I roused myself and went back inside to fall asleep on my chair. Monday I got everything done, Tuesday slept for two hours after work and  made a trip to Wally World and wanted a medal for it.

At Wallyworld I looked at their bikes. Bad, bad. I know, but before I looked at their bikes I looked at mine and when I was looking at old new bike I noticed somethings:  It has fenders and a chain guard and it's a girls bike! I like fenders and chain guards and girls bikes. I do wear a skirt when I ride my bike and I don't like getting mud on my clothes or grease on my legs, I need to get back to work and I don't need to look like I just mountain biked down a black slope. Mud  splatter is not a badge of honor when you have to go back to the office. Wacky, I know.

Wally bikes all had fenders and chain guards and came as girl bikes. Can you buy fenders and chain guards for bikes that don't have them? I don't want to fully out pimp my ride but I do want it to be a little more user friendly. My old new bike is very nice though, I have no complaints except for the lack of fenders, chain guard and the boy bike thing. It rides much better than old new bike and is easier to maneuver and the brakes work! Major ups for that. I am going to have to look at stickers or something for it  though, its so black and dower it needs a little something. Spray paint? jewelry for the  spokes? I'm an adult  but I am not Amish, I want some bling.

It is harder to get in and out of Minnie though and that doesn't make sense to me - its lighter and yet its kind of a bigger bitch to deal with and heft around. I don't get it.

No comments: