Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The cat is not in the bag

HA! Blogger  I found a back door! I hacked Blogger! I can post and I can edit and I have all my little icon things back and I don't have to continue to eat my young.

Okay then.

Tiny E asked if I could bring over Baby Kitty to her house and I said sure! Baby Kitty needs the socialization and he genuinely seems to enjoy the kids, so its a win/win.  Way before I left for their  house, after I came home from work, I parked too far up my driveway - not that big a deal, in-fact a good thing as I park too far back as  a habit and I don't need to. Anyway, when I was leaving to go to their house I went to put Baby Kitty in the car in his bag, we encountered some difficulties.

The car door was blocked by one of the legs of the car port and I couldn't open the door all the way. I didn't think this was a big deal, I could open the sliding car door and just slip the cat bag over the front seat and he would be fine.It seemed like a good idea at the time/ I could have just moved the car a few feet so I could use the door too.  But I didn't. The "slipping" was closer to throwing the cat over the seat back and dropping the cat and his bag down two feet on its side. This was not heroic. It quickly did not seem like a good idea.

But I preserved. I got in the car and flipped the bag over and tried to put the handle around the back of the seat to hold the crate secure in case of a sudden stop. This proved "too hard" and how often do I  have to stop suddenly anyway? Like almost never. "Almost" / About ten minutes from my house I had to stop suddenly and the crate and the cat shot off the seat like bullet into the floor board. Hard. Upside down and crumpled like a tin can. The cat was furious and I'm guilt stricken and freaked out  at forty-five miles and hour. Brilliant.

There must be a law that you are never going to get the red light when you need a red light. Need a green and you will  get there faster if you crawled there on your knees but need a red light and its non-stop all the way. I finally got Baby Kitty righted and back on the seat and he mewed sadly and kicked the ceiling of his box in protest. I just knew I would never get him back into his crate, once out of the bag, I was afraid Broskey and Alphagal might end up with Baby Kitty as a permanent boarder.

The children made Baby Kitty very happy. Tiny E apparently has the sweetest, most lick needing toes he's ever encountered and the most headbuttable knees evah. Nephy lurves him some baby kitty and Baby Kitty lurves to play chase with Nephy - never going out of sight, not hideing too well,  staying alert but near by.

Baby Kitty had such a good time he let me put him back in his crate! and  he slept all the way home. Securely attached to the seat, rightside up and uncrumpled.

No comments: