Friday, July 22, 2016

Friday



I got something today that I had wanted. I wanted the trash tree that is destroying my fence gone, and it is gone, well, its not "gone", it is chopped.

And I didn't have to do it or ask a favor or do anything. I just had to wait. Wait for , almost fifteen years, but good things come to those that wait. I hope, I am hoping that whatever they put there doesn't block all the light - because it could, they build these very tall, very thin houses here now. Sun Blockers and garden killers.And they don't match! These are all mid century modern homes! They build these awful nuevo farm houses and they look dreadful. A very modern home would stand out, but it would fit in better over all. These places were the very top of style when they were built in the last forties and early fifties.


I should have taken a picture of it as it was, but I really, really didn't like it as it was and even standing there on a garden chair looking over the fence while the guy cleared and leveled the lot I had no urge to mark the moment or eulogize the tree.

 Roughly before



Roughly after


The tree is dead, long live the tree.


My new view, same as the old view but now with no shade whatsoever. I'm very glad I went ahead and bought my umbrella. MY fence is a mess though, it needs to be tightened up, fixed, straightened. That tree was a nightmare.

No comments: