Friday, July 29, 2016

Friday


I went to the Dem HQ to hear the speeches and engage in fellowship with my democrats, but I had to come home to hear the speeches. Fellowship is nice and everything and Yay! Go other people! but fellowship leads to inevitably to chattiness and chattiness gets loud and doesn't lend itself to listening to speeches

I missed more than a handful of speakers because of the chatting, I know there was a pissed off Republican who had something to do with Reagan and who hates Trump, a Sheriff from Dallas, I would have liked to hear her speak,  and I would have loved to hear Nancy Pelosi!

North Carolina and I did get to hear Rev. Barbour speak - Even with chattiness, I could have heard Rev. Barbour! I was proud and I hope NC was too. He was outstanding and had a wonderful message! He took that hall to Church! And, to be very small, I bet the Republicans were furious that the Democrats stole "their" Jesus! He was singing hymns! He was quoting scripture! How dare we!

And that General came out there and killed all the ISIS and ordered us all to vote for Hillary Now! Now! Now!

The speakers were all really, really strong. I liked those pizza kids, the two kiddos who got fired from their crap jobs at some pizza joint because the girl had the nerve to ask why the guy hired on the same day as her was paid a quarter more an hour. He had no more  food service experience, education or special pizza knowledge than her. The store fired them for discussing salary.  They just paid him more because he was a guy.

I got home in time to listen to Chelsea and finally Hilary. What a great speech! This is such an important day for women and girls and I want like hell for her to go all the way, I want to see the first Woman President of the United States! I want to see someone who looks like me! I want to be represented! I want my niece to be the fifth or sixth woman president - she's really young and I want her to get her education and work on her career and get her family responsibilities settled before she starts on public service. I want her to be seasoned and educated  before she runs.

Everyone did a bang up job. And I scored a button.

No comments: