Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Near Total Eclipse


And I'm back.

Just in time for eclipse! It was very exciting,  I thought everybody had a pair of those glasses but as it turned out four of us shared mine - two others had a pair they got from one of the nurses but they weren't the right kind and so they didn't end up useing them . There were the Right kind, that I had and the Not Right kind that apparently were also out there floating around.

The Not Right kind had limits on how long you could use them for looking at the event - maximum amount of time you could look 3 minutes in an hour - verses the Right Kind that set no such limit on how long you could use them.

While I was still on vacation, I had been made aware that an email had been sent out to state employees making it clear that we were  to stay at our desks and not waste state time on this event - but when I came into work this morning there was an email from our Secretary inviting all of us, with permission from our supervisors, to go to the field across from our HQ building to watch the event with her. We watched the early part of the eclipse from a window and we saw several groups of folks making there way to the field, so I know it was well attended.

As it got closer and more interesting, a group of us went outside our building and got a great view and got to see the neat shadows the trees made. A good time was had by all. I still had co workers that had no interest in viewing it at all! I don't understand that at all, its beyond me - I mean we didn't have the massive show they had in other places but we did get to see an ECLIPSE, its a  big deal. Embrace it.

It never got even kind of dark, it stayed bright, but it did cool off and the cicadas and crickets did start making noise.

Prior to the whole afternoon fun, I was made aware that there were Eclipse donuts to be had, I was very excited because who isn't excited by donuts? And I really needed a donut. Later on, I went back to get a lunch donut and the donuts were gone! I was shocked! There are a total of no one in this building and the whole box was gone! I had my heart set on a lunch donut.

There are days where a protein bar is just not what you want for lunch, there are days when you really, really want a donut for lunch. I ended up eating my protein bar but I did it with no joy.

No comments: