Monday, October 30, 2017

Weekend



Saturday I did what I had been hoping for all week: I slept in.

I had been dreaming about sleeping in since I got off the plane Sunday afternoon. Monday hurt, Tuesday hurt, Wednesday- Friday just caused me pain. I had been planning on that sleep in all week and it did not disappoint.

God, it felt good.

Sometimes just not having to wake up is the best plan ever. I had kind of thought I might use the weekend to clean my house but then the weekend happened and I didn't clean the house at all. I did do some laundry and I ran the dishwasher. I needed to rest and I did. I also cleaned out my DVR.

Sunday however I had plans. I had to be somewhere. It was raining and had been raining and I had kind of hoped that maybe they might reschedule . No, they didn't. They didn't reschedule or rent big tents so that they could keep the whole thing out of the wet.

I arrived a little after it started and had to sit in my car until the rain went from deluge to just steady downfall. Rocket hates the rain and we were going to be out in the rain. In costumes.

I was the only adult in a costume.  Just me, in full head-to-toe costume.You can either go hide, because, for real, this is very uncomfortable, which I entertained, or you can just go with it and wander around getting your picture taken - which is kind of fun. But still, it's a little weird, the things we do for our dogs.

Finally, it was time for the 3:30 costume contest! And lo and behold, more  adult people in costumes came out of the woodwork - bastards! Where were they? Chicken shits.

We all lined up and walked the red carpet.

We did not win. We never win. There is a bias againts 1) pure bred dogs, 2) store bought costumes, 3) single people. Next year, we will not be entering. I did however, win two very nice things at the silent auction.

I can't say that I totally disagree with the winners, I took their pictures too.


Foreground, second place,  Flower dogs, background, honorable mention Flintstone Family


 I think he didn't place, but I liked him.


3rd place, Bambi



1st place, Bob the Builder.

No comments: