Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Monday



I dodged a bullet this morning. My alarm went off and  I turned it off successfully. I have never turned it off successfully. I have turned the stations many, many times but I have never been able to turn off my alarm successfully. It's a really big deal.

I also thought it was Sunday.

The alarm went off, I looked at the time and I said to myself "Why am I getting up at this hour on a Sunday? That's dumb. I can go back to sleep.
   That was dumb, we don't get two Sundays, we just get one Sunday and we already had it.  Now it's Monday and  I really do have to get up, going back to sleep was not an option. Its a good thing I was so excited about turning my alarm off!
Normally, when I know what day it is, I don't bother turning it off. I let it play its non-funky music until I am properly awake and have glasses on and can see properly and can turn it off like a real person. But not this morning, I had to turn that shite off right now.

Fortunately, I did not fall back asleep. I was just so impressed with myself turning the radio off! That is a real accomplishment! I have a hard time doing that fully awake, sitting up with the lights up. Doing it while asleep in the dark is something I think I deserve some kind of trophy for. I want to contact the makers of the clock and see if they have some sort of program set up where they send them out."Hey, I turned your alarm off, half asleep in the dark! Woo! What do I get?"

See, its not easy! There is no switch to flick . You have to hit the correct button the correct way, which is easier said than done as the whole top of the radio os covered with buttons .When you are flaying at the buttons what you normally do is change the station that you are trying to turn off. So instead of silencing it , you're just changing the stations, what I have found is that you are going between stations. What you are really doing is making the sound even more annoying. I can not even imagine trying to turn it off if I had it turned to the buzzer feature. What a nightmare! Now the worst thing I can be woken with  a particularly badly composed piece of modern classical music.

As it turned out, it was raining and I couldn't walk the dog. I could have spent a few more minutes in bed after all.

No comments: