Friday, March 16, 2018

TGIF

Strong wind is not nearly as off putting if it is warmer when it is strongly blowing you about. It was warmer today, so it wasn't as sad as it has been.

Cold is sad. I remember being happy about the cooler weather back when I was tired of being hot - Clearly, I was out of my mind at the time, heat does cause brain damage - because right now I would be very happy if I could be warm. Warm would be very nice. It isn't even warm at work! I mean, I can deal with been less than entirely toasty at home because I am cheap as all hell and I can, have and will  warm myself by my  bank balance, the the damn state of NC could shake some pennies loose and turn the heat on! The building is old and drafty and I am sure a heat and A/C nightmare but that is what those facility guys get paid for and if they didn't live for that bullshit they wouldn't still be working at Dix and the ancient drafty buildings there on.

I would like not to casually wear outerwear as just wear wear, I am tired of wearing my coat like all the time, I would like to take it off sometimes. Layers are a bummer. And I bitched and complained all summer about how hot it was and how tired I was sweating and how much I was looking forward to be cold again! What an idiot! Cold sucks! cold is the enemy! Cold is sneaky and evil. I know that hot is also evil and it gets into a space and takes over and in a few months I will be tired of sweating again, because I am an idiot - But to just be warm again would be nice, to be outside on purpose and it not be unpleasant would be a treat.

As it is, I'm going to have to find something to wear to Easter that is warm. I wonder if I can find some pink, flowered corduroy dress made for an adult and find it in two weeks? I've looked online and most corduroy dresses are jumpers and not pink. And not cute. Corduroy does not lend itself to attractive clothing design in the least, it seems to lend itself to work-a-day jumpers and utilitarian skirts and clothing that looks best in browns. Corduroy does not come in frivolous colors or fun patterns  for adults.

It had better get warmer by Easter, I do not want to wear earth tones to Easter Mass.

No comments: