Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Tuesday



I had a busy weekend. Friday I came home and discovered that the dog snacked on his futon, that made me super happy - well, he did only snack on it! Thats a big step up from his usual feasting. I did have to get a new sheet for it and restuff it and re-tape it, but I didn't even think about it until Sunday because I wasn't up for it.

Friday night was First Friday so I went shopping and bought things I didn't need. I bought a birthday gift that I hope I don't forget about, and two very fancy, very decadent, very not at all going stale croissants . It was nice to be out on a warm night for once.

Saturday was cold and rainy and windy. A complete bummer. So I found things to do inside, I painted my shelves! Its turns out I bought a lot too much paint, so this summer I'm going to paint inside of the table, its now very pink and doesn't need to stay that way. I already painted the inside of the doors since they are open frequently, so the inside should get done sooner rather than later.


I know they gray looks dark, but it matches the darker gray in the birds and it works in the room really well. I was concerned about the different grays not working together and now I am not. The lighter gay of the walls goes with the lighter gray of the birds, but the lighter gray of the birds isn't exactly in the foreground, and it was disappearing - but now I feel better.

Then, I went to the mall. ON the way to the mall I had to drive down Lower Greenville, well, Raleigh's version of Lower Greenville, and those girls were wearing shorts! It was 43 degrees with a constant rain and a wind. It was miserable! I was wearing winter clothes because it is still winter. Shorts and tee shirts! Like it was spring. Its not, it was, briefly, and then it went a way.

I was a not-very-bright undergrad once upon a time too but when it was cold I respected that it was cold and I dressed accordingly. But it was rarely cold and when it was cold we kind of liked it. We wore sweaters in October because it was October and you are supposed to wear sweaters in October even though in October it was 85 degrees. We got really, really tired of summer. When I wore shorts in February it was because it was 80 degrees.

I got to the mall and got a spot, that wasn't the big deal, the big deal was that later, when I was finished, I was able to find my car again! That was the big deal.

Sunday, it stopped raining but it was cold. I finally took Rocket for a nice walk which was nice for both of us.

No comments: